Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-07-2020, 10:48 PM   #11
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I'll reserve judgment until the next couple of reveals. I'm just not a fan of realistic 1:10 faces. Details absolutely are lost in the translation. When paint slop happens it looks more pronounced in 1:10. The price point for new, plain 1:10s averages $140, and could be $150-180 with special effects.

I don't know if Iron Studios communicates their plans or takes feedback, but the secondary market isn't hot except for a few random pieces. Maybe if they could cut costs on the bases, and release a large MK stage playset, that would generate excitement.

I do find it interesting they based Goro on what appears to be the MKX version. A proper MKX Goro that isn't 1:3 would be really cool.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:56 PM   #12
Biggunz
Loki

Really wish they would of did these in 1/4, 1/5, or 1/6

I’m getting burnt out on seeing these little 1/10ths and the hefty price they’re carring
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:30 AM   #13
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I feel this one is appropriately priced considering the size of the statue.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #14
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I'm glad others are feeling the same way about the "new" IS price tags these days. I have complained about it on other sites for a while now and it's what eventually led to me selling all the current IS pieces I had. But I feel differently nowadays about it. IS is KILLING IT (No MK pun intended) with the amount of statues and selections they are giving the collector market. And while I DO agree that the newer $170 on up to $250 or more for these 1/10 scale statues is a bit much, I guess it goes with the market. I just got into statue collecting less than a year ago, and so I'm used to seeing 1/4 scale statues nowadays go for $600 on up to $1000 or more, but yet everywhere I look people in those threads as well talk about how the prices are "outrageous" and how 1/4 scale used to be $300 - $500 tops. So I kind of look at it the same way with 1/10 scale. They were $90 - $110 for IS stuff. Even the newer Avengers Endgame statues with the more elaborate bases were anywhere between $99 - $150ish for the bigger ones. Now everything is starting at $149 and going up to $250 or more.

Unfortunately I think the higher prices are here to stay, and as long as people keep buying the statues, IS will keep charging the prices they want. At this size and price point, I'm sure it's feasable for IS to pump out multiple characters without worrying too much about sales loss if it does not sell. This is wonderful because we could finally get some good MK characters that they just wouldn't do in 1/4 scale due to cost. Jax, Sonya Blade, Lui Kang, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Mileena, etc.

Usually all we get in statue form or toy form (the higher end collectible versions like storm co), is the Ninjas in every color, a goro, and maybe a raiden. I prefer statues over poseable figures so I for one am excited for this line. I had hoped they would do more current MK versions as well, but since this is the "classic" line, I wonder if that means that's all they will do. Time will tell.

And although Goro is a pretty "safe" release for IS to start the line, I am SHOCKED their first release is not Scorpion or Sub Zero. That seems to be what all companies start with lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:24 AM   #15
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

People asking for 1/4....where were you when PCS was knocking them pot and barely selling 100 of the Exclusives...that chance has gone.

1/4 is dead and gone for MK and 1:10 is a better and more sensible opportunity to build a line.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #16
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #17
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Another angle

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #18
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone who is activate on Facebook see anyone posting anything new about this?
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:59 PM   #19
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
Anyone who is activate on Facebook see anyone posting anything new about this?
Not yet. I did find a YouTube vid on a channel called kdminhaestatua .

He also uploaded a pic and video on IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRac94osBAd/
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #20
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Not yet. I did find a YouTube vid on a channel called kdminhaestatua .

He also uploaded a pic and video on IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRac94osBAd/
Thanks! I found 2 videos on Youtube, and both appear to be the same guy (different language for each video).

It looks decent. I was expecting it to be a little smaller, too. My only complaints would be the noticeable reduction in subtle shading on the skin and the dark outline on the mouth, both of which could be fixed with some touch-up work.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote