Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Zangief
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Reading CBR/CBZ comics on a Galaxy Tab 10.1

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with good comic book readers (tablets like the iPad and Galaxy 10.1) and was wondering how effective these devices are at reading cbr/cbz files downloaded from the internet? Specifically the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I have a lot of Hardcovers/Omnibus/Absolute editions but the portability factor of the electronic device is whats pushing me toward converting everything into an easier to move format.
Zangief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Jack8022
Daredevil

I've used the ComicZeal on my iTouch. It converted the PDFs from the Marvel Comic DVDs pretty easily.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
joncorr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have a Motorola Xoom. I use Perfect Viewer, I started with ACV but Perfect Viewer is so much better. It is the only way I read comics now. I can load up a weeks work of comics and go from there. I love it. Its portable light and can hold a heck of a lot if you want.
I got it in March and use it every day.
joncorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangief View Post
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with good comic book readers (tablets like the iPad and Galaxy 10.1) and was wondering how effective these devices are at reading cbr/cbz files downloaded from the internet? Specifically the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I have a lot of Hardcovers/Omnibus/Absolute editions but the portability factor of the electronic device is whats pushing me toward converting everything into an easier to move format.
I wanna know it too
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
cblakey1
Cyclops

I use CDisplay and Comic Rack. Both are probably great for the Galaxy Tab. I use 'em on my netbook.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
joncorr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
I wanna know it too
These are extremely effective. The screen is about 90% the size of a regular comic page. If you have ever used a Kindle for books is just like that. Tap the side of the screen to turn the page, tap a corner to resize. I have been reading CBR/CBZ for 3 or 4 years, so a year and a half ago my wife bought me a laptop essentially to read comics on and I used it ten times, to heavy, too warm, just not what I expected.
So I bought the Xoom in March for this and everyday use, plus I love the Android system, and don;t really like Apple.
I use demonoid for Comics and transfer them to the Xoom via USB.

The only downside I can think of is that you can't use the tablets in the sun at all. You can hardly see it outside even with the brightness jacked up.
joncorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncorr View Post
These are extremely effective. The screen is about 90% the size of a regular comic page. If you have ever used a Kindle for books is just like that. Tap the side of the screen to turn the page, tap a corner to resize. I have been reading CBR/CBZ for 3 or 4 years, so a year and a half ago my wife bought me a laptop essentially to read comics on and I used it ten times, to heavy, too warm, just not what I expected.
So I bought the Xoom in March for this and everyday use, plus I love the Android system, and don;t really like Apple.
I use demonoid for Comics and transfer them to the Xoom via USB.

The only downside I can think of is that you can't use the tablets in the sun at all. You can hardly see it outside even with the brightness jacked up.
ditti, ditto and ditto
I still read them on my laptop, no problem for me. Just wanted to know if it's a problem to read those files on today's tablets.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Zangief
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Leaning towards an iPad 2 just cause all my music and videos are already in itunes. I have read a couple comics on the iPad and they are wonderful! The thing I'm on the fence about though is the Galaxy tab because it has a slightly bigger screen and the page on the iPad doesn't quite fit right.
Zangief is offline   Reply With Quote