Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #3181
Peedi
The Secret Six

Thanks Alex. You deserve a break. Enjoy it!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #3182
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

my first post here but i always read

Just to say nice holiday alex
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #3183
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, SSAlex.As sideshow collectables have made dinosaur maquettes, I just wanted to ask, do you know if a megalodon maquette will be made?[Megalodon was basically a great white shark that grew around 60 feet[or bigger], weighed around 60 tonnes and was pound for pound the most terrifying creature ever to live, in the sea or on land].
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #3184
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.As sideshow collectables have made dinosaur maquettes, I just wanted to ask, do you know if a megalodon maquette will be made?[Megalodon was basically a great white shark that grew around 60 feet[or bigger], weighed around 60 tonnes and was pound for pound the most terrifying creature ever to live, in the sea or on land].
Megalodon is not something that is in the immediate future for Dinosauria. Although it's a well-known ancient predator of oceans many people would see the end product and say 'huh, looks like a statue of a shark'…and they'd be 100% correct of course and as such the clamor for it wouldn't be in the same excitement range as a T-Rex. Now, if we're talking about a diorama scene with a Megalodon attacking something now we're talking and I bet people would be much more excited for something like that. But I haven't heard of Megalodon being explored anytime soon…but who knows! Perhaps something really incredible can be created with that mighty predator!

Interesting enough I watched a fun documentary that counted down the 7 deadliest creatures of the ancient seas. Megalodon was not #1 but #6 or so from what I recall. #1 - Mosasaur! The reasoning being how much they dominated their time period on Earth. This was all just in the opinion of those that created the documentary but I thought it was interesting.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #3185
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Megalodon is not something that is in the immediate future for Dinosauria. Although it's a well-known ancient predator of oceans many people would see the end product and say 'huh, looks like a statue of a shark'…and they'd be 100% correct of course and as such the clamor for it wouldn't be in the same excitement range as a T-Rex. Now, if we're talking about a diorama scene with a Megalodon attacking something now we're talking and I bet people would be much more excited for something like that. But I haven't heard of Megalodon being explored anytime soon…but who knows! Perhaps something really incredible can be created with that mighty predator!

Interesting enough I watched a fun documentary that counted down the 7 deadliest creatures of the ancient seas. Megalodon was not #1 but #6 or so from what I recall. #1 - Mosasaur! The reasoning being how much they dominated their time period on Earth. This was all just in the opinion of those that created the documentary but I thought it was interesting.
Thanks a lot for your response to my question SSAlex, I greatly appreciate it.If a Megalodon maquette were made depicting it attacking something, no doubt in my mind it would have to be a whale of some kind, as whales were a Megalodons main source of food[maybe having the Megalodon posed biting into the middle of the whale].
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #3186
ThanosMadTitan
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

Megalodon will be insane!
ThanosMadTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:37 AM   #3187
FF4EVER
Frackin!

hmmmm with that being said, SSAlex so will the dinosauria line continue beyond the new Triceratops maquette? and wondering if there will be repaints of the tupuxuara and the remaining dioramas? really love this line thanks.
FF4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #3188
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Hi SSAlex,

I'm very excited about the Darth Vader PF! Do you know when we might see a PO for it?

Thank you!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #3189
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hello Alex! Can you reveal what scale the new Terminaor Endoskeleton Maquette is?
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #3190
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi Alex,

Have you seen the production piece of Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure?

Thank you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote