Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #1281
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
Yeah I would look for a local shop that provide framing services. I ordered Ivy with the frame because at the time i made the PO i couldn't find a shop. Now that I have found one I will be ordering unframed print from this point on. You can get frames for like $50-70. $120 from SS is a little too much.

I want to make sure I understand this....are you both saying that your orders were "processing" when it got canceled?? or were you both on the WL when it got canceled??

Sad either way. That's mess up.

Post Ivy pictures please!!!! I.....must.....see.
Sure...once i figure out how to unpack the bubble wrap without damaging it lol...

You can't get framed acid free matting for $50-$70. An acid free matte at that size cost min $80-$100+ and that doesnt even include the frame or glass.. $120 is a great deal.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #1282
bzie
U talkin' to me?

A sucky xmas from ss... they cancelled mine too.

They put me on waitlist, will give $30 points and put me on priority preorder list for future dc prints as compensation.

Their site was too smooth to be true during po
bzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #1283
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzie View Post
A sucky xmas from ss... they cancelled mine too.

They put me on waitlist, will give $30 points and put me on priority preorder list for future dc prints as compensation.

Their site was too smooth to be true during po
The 3rd set of prints released for preorder was not smooth. It had a 10 minute delay and the nobody can order it before then. However, the previous 2 sets went very smoothly. Maybe SSC should have it back at 7am PST instead of 10am PST.

I got in at 10:11am when it finally went up. Essentially i was 1 min and 11 sec ordered when the framing option went live.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #1284
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm sorry that you guys had yours canceled.

I must say, I'm quite nervous now. :-(
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #1285
jedigrant
Frackin!

My Catwoman just got cancelled also. I already got Ivy and Harley and was planning on displaying them all together with the PF's. If I don't get converted off the waitlist, I'm not sure I want to keep the others (especially Harley, I was never a huge fan of that art).
The $30 in rewards is nice, but if I'm going to use the priority ordering for the next DC print it's going to have to blow me away.
jedigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #1286
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

SS really dropped the ball on this one.

Priority ordering?

Although that's great news to people who got screwed out of Catwoman, those people who were on the waiting list originally, not only miss out on her, but also have the odds stacked up against them for the next print.

Everyone loses on this one.

*Round of applause to SS customer service and being fair to everyone*

The smart and fair thing to do would have been to raise the ES to accommodate those who were originally told they got one and then got screwed by SS ordering system.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 AM   #1287
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
SS really dropped the ball on this one.

Priority ordering?

Although that's great news to people who got screwed out of Catwoman, those people who were on the waiting list originally, not only miss out on her, but also have the odds stacked up against them for the next print.

Everyone loses on this one.

*Round of applause to SS customer service and being fair to everyone*

The smart and fair thing to do would have been to raise the ES to accommodate those who were originally told they got one and then got screwed by SS ordering system.
I'm curious how many was oversold. I don't think SSC should raise the Es to accommodate the overselling...

I got screwed over by PCS twice with there overselling but I didn't ask the ES to be raised. There really should not be any excuse for overselling. This isn't SSC first rodeo at this.

Offering $30 is a good start. I don't know what this priority ordering is but if SSC oversold by 100, there is no way the customers who got cancelled should get first dip at ordering. It's essentially screws over the other people.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #1288
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Well that is a huge cluster. How did those that had cancelled Catwoman prints find out? Did you get an email or something?

Opened up my Ivy print last night. Highly impressed! Great paper stock, fantastic colours, everything 'pops' and is really first rate. Great job on the packaging too.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:04 AM   #1289
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

My cat woman print was also cancelled.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #1290
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hate to sound repetitive but... "I told you". You can't really make statues in the 5-10K ES range and expect only 250 people max to be interested in their art prints. What is done, is done. Smart move for the next releases is to increase the ES a bit, imho.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote