Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #21
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Well, to avoid controversy and public outcry, I would suggest that they cast a half black, half asian, bald, gender neutral albino.
You just created said controversy!
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #22
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
You just created said controversy!
Exactly.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #23
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Exactly.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:27 PM   #24
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I was unimpressed by Whedon's writing in both Avengers films. But I guess female characters is more his thing. Given this is most kikely in continuity with the other DCEU movies, I would be suprised if Batgirl is Babs given JK Simmons, 62, portryal of commission Gordon. Babs wouldn't be that young, about mid-thirties.
Nobody is going to want to see a Batgirl in her mid 30's...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #25
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Can't wait. I remember Joss Whedon's pitch / story moment for Batman. I have a feeling this will be awesome.

But I do wonder how / if this will fit in with what is going on now with the DC films.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #26
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Nobody is going to want to see a Batgirl in her mid 30's...
Batman is around 15 yrs older than Babs, so 30 +/-.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #27
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Can't wait. I remember Joss Whedon's pitch / story moment for Batman. I have a feeling this will be awesome.

But I do wonder how / if this will fit in with what is going on now with the DC films.
Probably the same as NW, doing his own thing in Bludhaven, Sure to be some Affleck cameos cuz its all supposed to be the same universe now. It will be interesting to see how they put the N52 BG and NW with a DKR era Batman.

The big issue is JL was formed long before Batman was 44 years old.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #28
jpuli28

http://batman-news.com/2017/04/20/joss-whedon-batgirl-origin-story/

Last night Variety spoke to Joss Whedon at the premiere of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, where he confirmed he was making a Batgirl movie, and The Hollywood Reporter was there to speak to him as well.

Based on Whedon’s comments to THR, it sounds like he’s interested in telling a Batgirl origin story.

“She came up, and I started getting obsessed with how a young woman could get hardcore enough to need to put on the cowl. Like, What’s her damage?” Whedon said.

“She didn’t have her parents killed in an alley. Who is this person, who decides — rather than being forced to by their childhood trauma — decides to pick up this life?” he added. “How intense and driven that person is … I just couldn’t stop thinking about it.”

Are you excited about potentially seeing Batgirl’s origin story on the big screen? Let me know in the comments below.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #29
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't know...maybe I just don't know enough about Batgirl, but this seems like wasted energy/resources. I mean...where are they going to go with this? A solo flick acting as a lead-in to co-star spots...a series of solo flicks? I just don't think the general audience will care enough about Batgirl...they want Batman.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #30
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Last night Variety spoke to Joss Whedon at the premiere of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, where he confirmed he was making a Batgirl movie, and The Hollywood Reporter was there to speak to him as well.

Based on Whedon’s comments to THR, it sounds like he’s interested in telling a Batgirl origin story.

“She came up, and I started getting obsessed with how a young woman could get hardcore enough to need to put on the cowl. Like, What’s her damage?” Whedon said.

“She didn’t have her parents killed in an alley. Who is this person, who decides — rather than being forced to by their childhood trauma — decides to pick up this life?” he added. “How intense and driven that person is … I just couldn’t stop thinking about it.”

Are you excited about potentially seeing Batgirl’s origin story on the big screen? Let me know in the comments below.
Noice ! Seems like he is passionate about this project which means we are in for something amazing from this guru!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote