Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #21
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessJess View Post
I have a great desire to work with cryptocurrency, but I don't know where to start. Please tell me what to do first, what to read?
I wouldn't presume to tell you what to read but I would advise you to understand them to a point where you are comfortable before you put money in to them. I was a pretty serious skeptic. BTC is the biggest but there are many others which are also blockchain but serve different purposes. BTC can be used for large transactions but really isn't scaleable for millions of transactions like creditcards so BTCCASH was developed and so on. ETH isn't really a competitor to BTC but is more for contracts and such but is treated as a competitor and there are many other options at various prices as well.

Whatever you do don't invest in Dogecoin unless with eyes wide open that it is a full on pump and dump ponzi scheme. It was created as a joke and unlike normal cryptocurrency is not "mined" and has no limit to how many there are or can be in fact 10,000 coins are created an hour in perpetuity and go to about 11 people. There are people pushing it so price has gone up but it is literally useless in every sense and whoever buys it last will be left holding the bag. In fact I suspect this is being done to discredit Crypto in general once Dogecoin collapses.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #22
ukshaun
Hercules

ADA Cardano is currently experiencing an up swing. I'm back in the profit
Better news still, the current price of $1.71 could keep going to $2.50 or $3.00 ..i doubt $3.00 will happen just yet. Who knows?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #23
Augen
Metal Men

I am baffled by all this, how "Dogecoin" which seems to be based on a old meme as a joke can make people millionaires shows me how little at times I understand economics.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:39 AM   #24
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I am baffled by all this, how "Dogecoin" which seems to be based on a old meme as a joke can make people millionaires shows me how little at times I understand economics.
Dogecoin is an out and out joke. Sadly, the time will come when the joke won't be a joke, and some, possibly many will loose out, some in a big way. While some crypto coins serve a purpose, Dogecoin serves none, and its crash might harm the reputation of other Cryptos.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:54 PM   #25
Megatage
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
ADA Cardano is currently experiencing an up swing. I'm back in the profit
Better news still, the current price of $1.71 could keep going to $2.50 or $3.00 ..i doubt $3.00 will happen just yet. Who knows?
I HAVE to get in on this! I can forsee this Cardano going full tilt! Make me so much money big boy!
Megatage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:42 AM   #26
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatage View Post
I HAVE to get in on this! I can forsee this Cardano going full tilt! Make me so much money big boy!
There are warnings on the horizon. Notably from Government. Rules could come into place. I think rules are on their way. The question is, what rules?

While i predict ADA Cardano will go up, the question is, how high, how fast?
For the moment, momentum is slow. Height is predicted not to be crazy like BitCoin, as BitCoin had a limited number of coins available.

Once ADA Cardano is fully functional, it would be amazing if it takes the no.2 spot from Ethereum. I would love that to happen. From what i have read, both offer the same, but ADA Cardano is more efficient, and cheaper to use, when it comes to Blockchains. It is possible, Ethereum customers could make the jump to ADA Cardano. Ethereum is in the process of upgrading - but to what degree?

As i type, prices look like:
Bitcoin $56273.00
Ethereum $3454.00
ADA Cardano $1.63

If ADA Cardano ever matched the price of Ethereum, i along with many would be over the moon
I donot think it is possible. Who knows?
For the moment many would be happy for ADA to reach $10
If ADA reached $100 that would suit me
Old 05-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #27
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I got into it a few years back, and hasn't dissapointed me.

I think people are tired of the rigged system and its like the days of when credit cards came out. People didnt understand it and said it wouldn't ever be big now look at it.

I just love how main stream media is shilling for the Fiat currency saying crypto is bad and only for cartel etc. Well US dollar does the same thing.

So for now I hope my Bitcoin, Etheruem and Cardano just keep going up. So I wont have to rely on my Black Bag death of superman books to retire off of.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #28
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I got into it a few years back, and hasn't dissapointed me.

I think people are tired of the rigged system and its like the days of when credit cards came out. People didnt understand it and said it wouldn't ever be big now look at it.

I just love how main stream media is shilling for the Fiat currency saying crypto is bad and only for cartel etc. Well US dollar does the same thing.

So for now I hope my Bitcoin, Etheruem and Cardano just keep going up. So I wont have to rely on my Black Bag death of superman books to retire off of.
I cannot wait to see what affect smart contracts, referred to as the Alonzo upgrade, will have on Cardano
If Cardano was to reach $100 i would be so happy
If Cardano was to reach $1000 i would go crazy!
Old 05-08-2021, 11:20 AM   #29
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya im taking a gamble on Cardano. only cause I saw Pricewater Cooper houses was doing work with it and sorta a sign to try it out.

I look at it this way people can buy lottery tickets, blow money on drinking on weekends etc. where ill throw my extra cash into crypto here and there.

Hell my crypto has done way better then any of my stocks in my IRA lately. So if this is the future might as well try it out.

I have some other random crypto as well but cant hurt to spread out some here and there.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #30
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I cannot wait to see what affect smart contracts, referred to as the Alonzo upgrade, will have on Cardano
If Cardano was to reach $100 i would be so happy
If Cardano was to reach $1000 i would go crazy!
If cardano hit 1k id be moving out of NJ and retiring pretty