Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-27-2022, 05:35 PM   #151
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Since POing, I've spent quite a bit of time comparing this and the JND to Margot, both are extremely close but I think the bust has the superior likeness. I'd say this is 99% and the JND is 95%.

Like BigMo pointed out, from certain angles it's dead-on, and from others it might look slightly off. But I don't think this is due to it being inaccurate, but rather something to do with our perception. The way we view and remember peoples' likeness can be sketchy sometimes. There have been plenty of celebrities that have lost their own look-a-like contests. IIRC, Dolly Parton once lost her own look-a-like contest....to a man.

I've also seen pictures of MR that didn't look like her, or rather what I remember her as. This picture of her was taken on set, but to me it looks like a cosplayer.

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
I think it looks amazing.

Meanwhile, on Statue Forum:

I really think people complain to justify not spending the money, or because they missed out (like me).

That, or they expect one of Madame Tussaud's $300,000 figures to be sold at 1/100th the price.

I think, as a collector, part of the job is to tune out the noise - positive or negative, and just make up your own mind - in a vacumn. When all is said and done, the only person you ever really need to justify your purchase to, is yourself.

If some faceless nobody on the web tries to tell you the piece you bought doesn't do it's job - tune them out as irrelevant. Likewise, if the great unwashed crowds are gushing over Quasimodo - masquerading as Margot Robbie, keep your money in your pocket and wait for the right piece for you.

The likeness debates on here are endlessly boring and pointless - a tiring "he said, she said" merry-go-round that leaves neither faction satisfied.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:37 PM   #152
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The opposite is true, too. People justify their purchases by ignoring glaring faults. It's only natural when hard earned money is involved
Show me some "glaring faults" or GTFO.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:39 PM   #153
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

I think, as a collector, part of the job is to tune out the noise - positive or negative, and just make up your own mind - in a vacumn. When all is said and done, the only person you ever really need to justify your purchase to, is yourself.

If some faceless nobody on the web tries to tell you the piece you bought doesn't do it's job - tune them out as irrelevant. Likewise, if the great unwashed crowds are gushing over Quasimodo - masquerading as Margot Robbie, keep your money in your pocket and wait for the right piece for you.

The likeness debates on here are endlessly boring and pointless - a tiring "he said, she said" merry-go-round that leaves neither faction satisfied.
Complains about debate(and misses the point), then quotes the WHOLE THING so we have to see it again.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:40 AM   #154
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Complains about debate(and misses the point), then quotes the WHOLE THING so we have to see it again.
Quotes my post (and as usual) adds nothing to the debate

#ignore
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:17 AM   #155
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Quotes my post (and as usual) adds nothing to the debate

#ignore
Complains about a post that adds nothing to the debate with-you guessed it-a post that adds nothing to the debate. You want to try again and go for the trifecta? Maybe you can try debating with the mindset it's not worth having the debate. Oh wait, you already said that...We have a winner here folks.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:31 AM   #156
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 04:32 AM   #157
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Show me some "glaring faults" or GTFO.
You'll never change will you?

It's okay to disagree though, pal
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 04:58 AM   #158
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
If i had this on pre_order (which i do not) the one area that would drive me nuts are the two sections of hair that hang down at the front. I get the impression based on the photo's, the hair IS has used is far softer than movie Harley's hair, which probably contains much hair product. The IS pieces shows that hair hanging almost in front of Harley's eyes.

Also, what is going on with the pig-tails? it looks like they are drooping? (i guess this can be fixed)
The red and blue ring's on the pig-tails look on the large side.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:25 AM   #159
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
You'll never change will you?

It's okay to disagree though, pal
No, and apparently neither will you. If you want to make a statement like yours, back it up. Nobody said it was perfect, but likeness clearly isn't "non-existent" or with "glaring flaws". I ask for examples of why you think that way and I get nothing resembling an argument, so don't blame me for your inadequacy.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #160
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone have an idea when this might ship? I see the Q3 timeline, but was curious if they had a firmer ship date yet.
Just did my last payment on her and (I'm) patiently waiting now.
Also waiting for my Alita to ship.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote