Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-17-2022, 10:44 AM   #291
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have just completed Ep3
What were they thinking with the 4 colorful hover-bikes?
Boba discovering the slaughtered Tusken Raiders was about the only moment i cared for during Ep3
That?s Disney putting their stamp on the show
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:11 PM   #292
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
The guy who plays Boba, when i think back to The Empire Strikes Back, i never pictured a large bald guy under the Boba Fett outfit.
Everything The Dark Knight said is accurate, but, Fett was played and voiced by two other actors in the original trilogy. So he wasn't originally a 'large, bald guy'. Whether Lucas changed his mind about his appearance when it finally came time to show his face is the question... Maybe he just liked the actor (Temuera Morrison).
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:47 PM   #293
ukshaun
Hercules

Last night i finished Ep7 of The Book of Boba Fett

In the end i thought The Book of Boba Fett was ok. It failed to compare to the The Mandalorian. The two episode's that were less about Boba Fett and more about The Mandalorian amounted to being the highlight of the series.

As great as CGI Luke looked, his training of Grogu felt like crowd-pleaser material without it ever coming close to what we got to experience between Yoda and Luke during The Empire Strikes Back

Ep7 sucked. The large mechanical robots surrounded by clear ball shield did little for me.

What was the blue faced cowboy hat wearing creature about?
He looked like he was totally inspired by Clint Eastwood
I do not recall Star Wars featuring as much Wild West as was featured during The Book of Boba

I am happy to have worked through it. I thought the The Mandalorian's new silver ship looked excellent!

..and the scene feat. the Gladiator Wookie climbing a building while being shot at. I fully expected the moment to turn full King Kong. Luckily it did not ;D

The small group of characters riding the chromed, colorful hoverbikes failed to fit into the Star Wars universe. Such a poor concept.

The Book of Boba Fett
4.5/10
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:11 PM   #294
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

What was the blue faced cowboy hat wearing creature about?
He looked like he was totally inspired by Clint Eastwood]
Cad Bane is a Duros Bounty Hunter from the animated series "Clone Wars" that featured semi regularly and was loved by segment of fans. He is one of the deadliest bounty hunters in the era and nearly impossible to beat on the draw (he can go up against a Jedi or Sith).

His appearance and introduction scene was so good and for some fans the "oh my gosh!" moment of BoBF. Sadly, if he is dead it was really anti climatic way to go. I wish they brought him in sooner and got to showcase him as a threat making his defeat feel more earned. I'd say Cad is only behind Ahsoka (and possibly Rex) in terms of popularity of characters created in Clone Wars.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:24 PM   #295
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Funny enough i passed on The Force Awakens, as i have been lead to believe it is not very good, some describing it as a remake of A New Hope
I would give The Force Awakens a chance, even a lot of sequel trilogy detractors like Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd say Cad is only behind Ahsoka (and possibly Rex) in terms of popularity of characters created in Clone Wars.
Yep, Clone Wars era Cad Bane is my favorite bounty hunter in Star Wars...a smart, resourceful badass and I love the gunslinger look.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:41 PM   #296
SONICobra
Batman

Cad bane is an absolute bad ass, I don’t believe we have seen the last of him
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote