Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #401
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Just got my latest (and possibly greatest) print today, Vampirella by the late Dave Stevens, R.I.P.

I just love this print, and have loved this image of Vampirella for a very long time. I think it is the sexiest image of her ever created. Enjoy!

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #402
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Thanks guys! The artist for the Jean prints is Jon Hughes.

http://www.jonhughesart.com/
Thanks, it's good to put a name to the artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Just got my latest (and possibly greatest) print today, Vampirella by the late Dave Stevens, R.I.P.

I just love this print, and have loved this image of Vampirella for a very long time. I think it is the sexiest image of her ever created. Enjoy!
Nice pickup plus signed and numbered by Dave Stevens. He is one of my favorite artists. I believe this Vampi image is on the cover of that Vampi book by Dynamite. I need to pick that up one of these days.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #403
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Thanks, it's good to put a name to the artwork.

Nice pickup plus signed and numbered by Dave Stevens. He is one of my favorite artists. I believe this Vampi image is on the cover of that Vampi book by Dynamite. I need to pick that up one of these days.
Yeah, I was really excited to get it! Plus, it had never been removed from the original shrink wrapped backing it was originally released in.

The image is on the 'Art of Vampirella book,' as well as one of the trade's called 'A Scarlet Thirst.'
Old 04-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #404
davewi11
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Thanks Nick. Yeah 10 is a ridiculously low run on anything.

Damn that sucks. I have to admit I'm not overly surprised given how these were packed and rolled. I hope you can get a replacement. Have you contacted them yet? Curious to hear what they do for you. Being so limited I'd be worried. Good luck though.
Hi guys, only just noticed this topic and was great to see a few pics of my Avengers poster. Ive already spoken to Frobay via email and a replacement is being sorted out. Apologies to those who felt the packing wasnt up to scratch, I am still pretty new to this whole poster scene so Im learning with every new drop. Ive taken on board comments from the Avengers p&p and so hopefully the next print I do will be posted much more professionally.

As for the really small limited runs, its difficult for me to afford to print larger runs unless I can guarantee they will sell and I dont feel like my work is good enough or well known enough at the moment that I could be confident of selling 50 or more prints so I stick to smaller runs to make sure Im not out of pocket.

Anyways, its great to actually get some feedback on my work so Im glad I stumbled across this topic, if anyone else has any questions or queries feel free to get back to me.
davewi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #405
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

^ Great to have you on here Dave. Be sure to post any updates on future works in this section. I'm sure your work will generate some much deserved attention.

Love my poster BTW.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #406
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewi11 View Post
Hi guys, only just noticed this topic and was great to see a few pics of my Avengers poster. Ive already spoken to Frobay via email and a replacement is being sorted out. Apologies to those who felt the packing wasnt up to scratch, I am still pretty new to this whole poster scene so Im learning with every new drop. Ive taken on board comments from the Avengers p&p and so hopefully the next print I do will be posted much more professionally.

As for the really small limited runs, its difficult for me to afford to print larger runs unless I can guarantee they will sell and I dont feel like my work is good enough or well known enough at the moment that I could be confident of selling 50 or more prints so I stick to smaller runs to make sure Im not out of pocket.

Anyways, its great to actually get some feedback on my work so Im glad I stumbled across this topic, if anyone else has any questions or queries feel free to get back to me.
Cool, No worries.

Look forward tto your next works.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #407
davewi11
Doh!

Thanks guys, its great to actually be able to talk to people who buy my work, a lot of the time all I get is a postal address, I send it off and never hear from the buyer so I just have to presume people like what they get!

The postage thing is definitely something Im striving to improve, hopefully the next batch will be much better.

Im not sure what Ill be working on next, I have just finished a piece based on one of my favourite TV shows, Homeland. Its not a piece for sale though, just for fun!

http://davewilliamsdesigns.blogspot....nd-or-foe.html
davewi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #408
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewi11 View Post
Thanks guys, its great to actually be able to talk to people who buy my work, a lot of the time all I get is a postal address, I send it off and never hear from the buyer so I just have to presume people like what they get!

The postage thing is definitely something Im striving to improve, hopefully the next batch will be much better.

Im not sure what Ill be working on next, I have just finished a piece based on one of my favourite TV shows, Homeland. Its not a piece for sale though, just for fun!

http://davewilliamsdesigns.blogspot....nd-or-foe.html
Looks great.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #409
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Just received two Joseph Michael Linsner prints; the Look Sharp Dawn and the White Trash Dawn. The Look Sharp has always been my most favorite image of Dawn ever!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #410
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Just got my newest print today, the absolutely gorgeous J Scott Campbell Vampirella print. I have been eyeing this one for months, and finally decided to take the plunge and buy her. Worth every penny!