Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #141
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Give up, they are reverting back to the old way.

The history on PCS website was initially you had to go through all the website checkout to order, and it was a giant cluster**** mess since during those order spikes everything just crashes since the server cant handle the load, causing hours of frustration for customers.

After years of complain and plea with jerry, PCS finally added the paypal button directly to the website, which in turn offloaded all the server demand during peak order to paypal, who can easily handles them. All was well.

Fast forward to today, in their infinite wisdom, PCS decided to revert back to putting their website in the middle of the order process. It wasnt bad for dhalsim because there wasnt a frenzy, once we get to a statue that everyone wanted, it's almost a certainty the whole thing will crash again badly, since now you are again relying on the pcs website instead of paypal to handle the server demand/volume.

The only bright side is with things the way they are, those frenzy order spikes will be few and far between.

/give up

I remember and site crashes here we come again...

I mentioned about the 1/3 Ninja's release and 1/3 Akuma release how such high demand there was to make them instalntly sell out with little hiccups at all. No site crashing like it will with this New site when the next high demand piece will be up for order..

This Dhalsim release is not as chaotic as most of the 1/3 releases and I can't see the New site handling the payment flow as well as PayPal can during the peak ordering time as you stated above.

I said earlier that If this had been any of the Ninja releases I'd be out of luck due to PCS going back to the old sites ways of paying is just not good for a lot of customers.

PayPal was super smooth and the PayPal receipt confirmed your purchase was official that you locked your order in.

I fear the next Hot item 1/3 that peeps all want will be a true bloodbath to order having these sloth features. Using the PayPal button selections are at the minimum versus now the whole process is too tedious..

If I select my payment option it should automatically bring the customer to check out instead we now have to select the extra go to shopping cart button, then check out..

Why are things going Backwards?

Just let us pay with our finger prints and then we can rest easy when we can buy with one touch. That's the future.

Anywhere, I can buy like Amazon using one touch is great and easy!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #142
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Paypal isn't business friendly in that they don't setup auto charges to your account apparently. The website will also allow you eventually to track your orders so it does have some merit for existing then being a traffic dump for paypal. You can still pay through paypal by pay in full, you just can't do payment plans now.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #143
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Paypal isn't business friendly in that they don't setup auto charges to your account apparently. The website will also allow you eventually to track your orders so it does have some merit for existing then being a traffic dump for paypal. You can still pay through paypal by pay in full, you just can't do payment plans now.
Thanks, I understand exactly how PayPal and the new system work and it was still better before with all PayPal options for any payment... There is no need for automatic payments with PayPal and it is very simple to keep track of your payments on PayPal... Automatic payments are for disorganized people in my opinion because it's super easy to check your PayPal invoices and see all payment dates. It's easy to set up a reminder for yourself. So, sorry PayPal is very user friendly and many in the community prefer to pay with PayPal.

Yes, the New site with the tracking your orders and order history is good and should have been added years ago, but they could have still left all the PayPal options as well. They could have both options for customers whether they want to use their credit card info or PayPal and have it set as their default payment...

PayPal worked great for many customers and if you prefer using your credit card that would be fine too, but both options should be available to aplease both divided sides about payments now... There were a few others memebers not happy about this change as well and they will not be buying from PCS anymore.

Not everyone wants to use a credit card for many reasons and having PayPal is a better source to make a safe payment.. I been with PayPal over 10 years and I had many payments to make with PCS and never once was late with any of my payments. I did not have any type of auto payment either. It is very easy to remember to pay an invoice if you are responsible with your finances... People that forget to pay there payment plan is their own fault and that does not make PayPal not user friendly... PayPal is very simple and so easy my mom can use it when she knows nothing about computers.

How hard is it for you if you had a payment plan to put a reminder In your phone when to pay and from the PayPal app I can make my payments to PCS in literally 10 seconds or less. So I'm sorry, but I can not agree with you that PayPal is not user friendly when it clearly is for many other collectors.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:36 AM   #144
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I like PayPal because of the flexibility that PayPal credit gives me. Sometimes PCS comes out with 3-4 preordered at a time that I want, or I have a couple of payments due in one month. I use the PayPal credit for the deposit and to make my payments because of the 6 months no interest on $99 and above. Then there are other times where they release a few statues that I am not interested so I use that time to catch up. In the end it worded for me and I have paid for all my statues same as cash. Now I am ordering less because I have to be careful. Where I would have ordered this statue and Ultimate Akuma before I now wait to see if there is something better coming out next that I really want. I agree that PayPal is not business friendly, but I can't imagine that most PCS fans have deep pockets. I am sure it would be very helpful to many fans if PayPal were still available for all preorder options.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 03:39 PM   #145
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
I like PayPal because of the flexibility that PayPal credit gives me. Sometimes PCS comes out with 3-4 preordered at a time that I want, or I have a couple of payments due in one month. I use the PayPal credit for the deposit and to make my payments because of the 6 months no interest on $99 and above. Then there are other times where they release a few statues that I am not interested so I use that time to catch up. In the end it worded for me and I have paid for all my statues same as cash. Now I am ordering less because I have to be careful. Where I would have ordered this statue and Ultimate Akuma before I now wait to see if there is something better coming out next that I really want. I agree that PayPal is not business friendly, but I can't imagine that most PCS fans have deep pockets. I am sure it would be very helpful to many fans if PayPal were still available for all preorder options.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:24 AM   #146
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Guys I understand your frustration with the whole PayPal thing but can we please keep this thread to Dhalsim? Any issues you have can be raised in the CS thread.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #147
ALF_1
Justice League

Thanks PCS for adding the 4th Classic Potrait in the Yoga Master EX! That is what sold me on getting it! Even with the STV Tattoos by Adding the Classic head to the mix is great and now gives a modern look as well as having the classic look flows perfectly, however a collector will want to display him... Im so excited! The Chun Li Legacy pack and this Yoga Master will be my first Street fighter statue's besides the Gokuen vs. Akuma Dioram Ex I already own.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:16 AM   #148
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This Ultra line is so on point, really loving the dynamic poses!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #149
Dredd_84
Fantastic Four

I enjoyed playing the games but wouldn't call myself a die hard SF fan, but this statue looks amazing! Very tempting to preorder. Just not sure I want to wait 2 years to get it.
Dredd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #150
qz33
Rescue

PO August 20, 2017
Original Estimated ship date 3rd Qtr 2018
Revised Est. Arrival: Jul 2019 - Sep 2019
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote