Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #231
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Who cares...the 3D render looks much better than the clay version anyway so they were right to scrap it. I can only assume there were some problems with the clay sculptor/sculpt/pose hence the delays and pose tweeks so they must have said f@ck it we'll go 3D. In the end we win
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #232
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The new 3D version looks great but only way to pose her is from behind for best viewing which will make her the slut of your collection. I was never a fan of this hey look I’m posing and my ass is out. I really like the pose of the new 1/4 cammy they did her face perfectly pose says it all I mean business. This 1/3 pose she could be at a beach somewhere posing off.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #233
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Who cares...the 3D render looks much better than the clay version anyway so they were right to scrap it. I can only assume there were some problems with the clay sculptor/sculpt/pose hence the delays and pose tweeks so they must have said f@ck it we'll go 3D. In the end we win
You could show a little respect to the sculptor.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #234
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
The new 3D version looks great but only way to pose her is from behind for best viewing which will make her the slut of your collection. I was never a fan of this hey look I’m posing and my ass is out. I really like the pose of the new 1/4 cammy they did her face perfectly pose says it all I mean business. This 1/3 pose she could be at a beach somewhere posing off.
On the subject of the new 3D render, they need to work on the lifeless right arm.
It fails to fit with the rest of the pose. It looks weak. Can't wait to see the piece painted.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #235
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
The character is known for her butt and turning around to show it has been one of her iconic win animations since her debut. This pose is pretty standard for her and they are pretty consistent in trying to give the 1/3 statues in this line poses that have them just sort of standing like they just won a battle. It seems like a good pose to me. Chun Li also looked like she was posing for a camera too.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #236
jac1066
Blue Falcon

The collectibles industry has been moving away from clay to 3D because it offers many advantages over clay.

You don't have to make a metal armature to sculpt on to. You don't need clay. You don't need on site sculptors and mold makers. The 3d render can be done in less time with a greater level of precision and detail and accuracy.

3-D sculptures do not require on site staff, the sculptor can comissioned across the country or world, they email the file to the company when they are done. The collectibles company can have an on site 3-D printer or they can send the digital file out to a 3rd party to have printed.

Twitter head does not have an office at all. The owner Chad works out of his house. He has a 3D sculptor produce a render, its sent out to a 3rd party to be engineered, printed and painted. This is part of the reason why Twitter heads prices are so good. Chad doesn't have the staff, payroll other companies do.

I would not be surprised if this is the direction that PCS has moved in given their partnership with sideshow doing most of the heavy lifting, PCS focusing on just the product they probably don't have on site staff anymore, the owners maybe working out of their homes. You save a ton of money by not having an office with sculptors, mold makers, painters, etc
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #237
Augen
Metal Men

It took my brain a few reads to differentiate "Twitter" and "Tweeterhead".

I do agree the advantages of 3D renders seem to be the way the industry is going, especially in a global sense.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #238
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
The collectibles industry has been moving away from clay to 3D because it offers many advantages over clay.

You don't have to make a metal armature to sculpt on to. You don't need clay. You don't need on site sculptors and mold makers. The 3d render can be done in less time with a greater level of precision and detail and accuracy.

3-D sculptures do not require on site staff, the sculptor can comissioned across the country or world, they email the file to the company when they are done. The collectibles company can have an on site 3-D printer or they can send the digital file out to a 3rd party to have printed.

Twitter head does not have an office at all. The owner Chad works out of his house. He has a 3D sculptor produce a render, its sent out to a 3rd party to be engineered, printed and painted. This is part of the reason why Twitter heads prices are so good. Chad doesn't have the staff, payroll other companies do.

I would not be surprised if this is the direction that PCS has moved in given their partnership with sideshow doing most of the heavy lifting, PCS focusing on just the product they probably don't have on site staff anymore, the owners maybe working out of their homes. You save a ton of money by not having an office with sculptors, mold makers, painters, etc
'You don't need clay.'

You nailed it right there!
Old 10-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #239
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
You could show a little respect to the sculptor.
Saying that I am assuming there were some problems with the clay sculptor/sculpt/pose does not show in any way shape or form disrespect to the sculptor and if that is what you (want to) read into it I should advise to take your being triggered elsewhere this is a forum about statues (hence the name).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
The character is known for her butt and turning around to show it has been one of her iconic win animations since her debut. This pose is pretty standard for her and they are pretty consistent in trying to give the 1/3 statues in this line poses that have them just sort of standing like they just won a battle. It seems like a good pose to me. Chun Li also looked like she was posing for a camera too.
Agreed it's Cammy's most iconic win pose, ass and cute face 2 in 1 display = win win
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #240
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Saying that I am assuming there were some problems with the clay sculptor/sculpt/pose does not show in any way shape or form disrespect to the sculptor and if that is what you (want to) read into it I should advise to take your being triggered elsewhere this is a forum about statues (hence the name).

Agreed it's Cammy's most iconic win pose, ass and cute face 2 in 1 display = win win
Dont be to fast in saying the 3d render looks way better then the clay could ever be, the clay was all WIP I am convinced the clay would have turned out equally as good if not better if the sculptor had the time! and i still prefer the clay pose over this but all matter of taste, Also they need to redo the face of 3d render! but I guess its all WIP hope its mixed media as well because that thong!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote