Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #41
daveyyojimbo
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Dogs even small yappy ones and an alarm system is what you need. You'll be angry about this one for quite a while, trust me.
daveyyojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #42
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

WOW! I am very sorry to hear that! But I am glad everything is ok!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #43
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyyojimbo
Dogs even small yappy ones and an alarm system is what you need. You'll be angry about this one for quite a while, trust me.
We have an alarm system .. the problem is they came in and out through a window in my kitchen (which is what's leading me to believe that this was the work of punk kids and not a pro), not a door and because we have a cat we don't have motion detectors in the house ... something that's going to be fixed this weekend. My brother's best friend works for ADT he's going to come over this weekend and put in motion detectors and window triggers to prevent this from happening again. (Before anyone asks, we have awning windows, not slide up ones, so we didn't think that they could be broken into like this ... we know better now.)

We've picked up the house as best we could and the only things that are missing that we can pinpoint for sure is the jewelry and some blank CD-Roms and blank DVD-Roms.

I have a TON of DVD movies and over 1000 music CD's none of which were touched. They also passed up my digital camera, a 1K Minolta regular camera with a $300 lense, all my electronics and even a high def direct TV box STILL IN THE BOX that was sitting right on the coffee table ... I'm telling you I just don't get it! Either it was just a couple of punk kids or they were the STUPIDEST criminals in existance, which in all honesty, I'm REALLY grateful for!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #44
Teague
Iron Man

Wow, man, that really does suck. Getting ripped off is never fun, but like a lot of folks here have said, I'm just glad no one was hurt.

It does sound like a bunch of punks who were doing it on a lark--when my wife and I got robbed a few years ago, they took her mountain bike (a Marin worth a couple thousand) and some really minor other stuff--stupid stuff, really. They took our VCR, which was a cheap $30 thing, and left the 150 CD Changer worth (then about $300). I think sometimes that these kids are so scared in doing it that they don't really think about it. I still believe they took the bike just because it was a nice bike, not because they knew it was worth anything.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're getting back to normal, and that you're having something done about this (the alarms). That will hopefully get you back some peace of mind, at least. Hang in there, Jesse.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #45
fossa

maybe they were looking for your drug stash???
Old 01-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #46
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

sorry to hear that jesus.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #47
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
sorry to hear that jesus.
He's not Jesus.Jesus wouldnt do what he does.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #48
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
He's not Jesus.Jesus wouldnt do what he does.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #49
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

glad to hear you are OK

I can't imagine if that happened to me

JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #50
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
We have an alarm system .. the problem is they came in and out through a window in my kitchen (which is what's leading me to believe that this was the work of punk kids and not a pro), not a door and because we have a cat we don't have motion detectors in the house ... something that's going to be fixed this weekend. My brother's best friend works for ADT he's going to come over this weekend and put in motion detectors and window triggers to prevent this from happening again. (Before anyone asks, we have awning windows, not slide up ones, so we didn't think that they could be broken into like this ... we know better now.)

We've picked up the house as best we could and the only things that are missing that we can pinpoint for sure is the jewelry and some blank CD-Roms and blank DVD-Roms.

I have a TON of DVD movies and over 1000 music CD's none of which were touched. They also passed up my digital camera, a 1K Minolta regular camera with a $300 lense, all my electronics and even a high def direct TV box STILL IN THE BOX that was sitting right on the coffee table ... I'm telling you I just don't get it! Either it was just a couple of punk kids or they were the STUPIDEST criminals in existance, which in all honesty, I'm REALLY grateful for!
This may sound stupid but maybe they were just checking to see what you had and are going to come back with a truck at a later time...
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote