Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-16-2020, 01:07 AM   #321
Biggunz
Loki

DAMN YOU SIDESHOW!!!!!

Glad I didn’t order it either. I got like $1k sitting on rewards that I was waiting to get a prime 1 piece. This was going to be it. Guess it can only by ss or pcturd
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #322
Starck
Fantastic Four

Prime 1 is going to lose a great deal of customers if the shipping fee is costing as much as the statue itself.

I think they have probably noticed this by seeing cancellations going up.
Starck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #323
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

There are multiple choices beyond P1's "Standard" shipping option to get their statues. Their economy shipping absolutely does not cost as much as the statue itself, and you can order from places like Spec Fiction or Secret Compass and pay less than P1's Economy shipping. And if you live in a country where any shipping option for one of their statues is like $500+ or whatever, I mean I don't know what to tell you. They're not obligated to provide everything to everyone. They make their choices just like any other company.

Is shipping expensive on their statues? Yes. But they're also big, heavy boxes and many times more than 1 of them. I doubt the places that sell these products are ever going to get to the point where they just eat the shipping costs and even if they did, the cost of the statue itself would undoubtedly go up to offset that.

I frankly don't get why people get so hung up over the prices of these things. They're not vital, important purchases in your life. They're statues of comic book characters that sit there, you stare at them/appreciate them sporadically, and they gather dust. If you enjoy them great, buy them. If you get to the point where you feel the cost of them is no longer balanced out by the enjoyment you get out of them, then put that money somewhere else. It's really not a big deal. If Sideshow, Prime 1, and XM announced today that they were all going out of business, your head would still hit your pillow tonight and you'd sleep fine. They're not important.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:00 PM   #324
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starck View Post
Prime 1 is going to lose a great deal of customers if the shipping fee is costing as much as the statue itself.

I think they have probably noticed this by seeing cancellations going up.
Once they get more dealers or the North America and EU warehouses set up, I think they'll be fine. Australia still gets screwed since Popcultcha isn't carrying P1 at this time. If you're in North America, buy from Secret Compass or Specfiction. I know people on facebook from other countries have local dealers as well. Sideshow does not own the world lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #325
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I frankly don't get why people get so hung up over the prices of these things. They're not vital, important purchases in your life.
Hear, hear.

Quote:
If Sideshow, Prime 1, and XM announced today that they were all going out of business, your head would still hit your pillow tonight and you'd sleep fine.
Probably better.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:13 PM   #326
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
There are multiple choices beyond P1's "Standard" shipping option to get their statues. Their economy shipping absolutely does not cost as much as the statue itself, and you can order from places like Spec Fiction or Secret Compass and pay less than P1's Economy shipping. And if you live in a country where any shipping option for one of their statues is like $500+ or whatever, I mean I don't know what to tell you. They're not obligated to provide everything to everyone. They make their choices just like any other company.

Is shipping expensive on their statues? Yes. But they're also big, heavy boxes and many times more than 1 of them. I doubt the places that sell these products are ever going to get to the point where they just eat the shipping costs and even if they did, the cost of the statue itself would undoubtedly go up to offset that.

I frankly don't get why people get so hung up over the prices of these things. They're not vital, important purchases in your life. They're statues of comic book characters that sit there, you stare at them/appreciate them sporadically, and they gather dust. If you enjoy them great, buy them. If you get to the point where you feel the cost of them is no longer balanced out by the enjoyment you get out of them, then put that money somewhere else. It's really not a big deal. If Sideshow, Prime 1, and XM announced today that they were all going out of business, your head would still hit your pillow tonight and you'd sleep fine. They're not important.
I agree. I wish I could just get out of this bad habit.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #327
darkblack
Doh!

They will approve if it's a justifiable reason, like significantly higher shipping cost which you would not have known about at the time of ordering. SS staff told me P1 have started using really big boxes which has caused the surge in shipping costs to customers. Be polite, explain your reasons and it should get approved.
darkblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:37 PM   #328
starkky
Doh!

This is OK???

Very very big base. I don't know it is OK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200120_170553.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	508.7 KB
ID:	128206   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200120_170807.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	509.8 KB
ID:	128207  
starkky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #329
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

For people who have the space to allocate to it yep, it's fine. For people who don't then no, it isn't.

I mean I don't understand the point of your question. It's not like they're hiding how big it is.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:54 PM   #330
SONICobra
Batman

big elaborate bases are prime1's signature, youre either on board or youre not
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote