Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #311
qz33
Rescue

For me this statue will all depend on how well it matches up with the others.

Showing pieces and parts usually isn't a good strategy with these things and let's face facts these statues have been teased long enough.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:46 PM   #312
Y3E
Gen 13

I like what I see so far. Cammy is by far my favorite SF character, so if price is right, I will get all 3
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:47 PM   #313
ukshaun
Hercules

I don't sense the same level of hype that surrounded Chun-Li 1/3
I'm sure there are those with plans on picking up all 3
From what has been shown so far, i'm sensing a piece that looks more along the lines of an up_scaled 1/4 scale piece, as compared to Prime 1, the detail appears to be absent. It will be good to see higher quality images, once the finished piece(s) are complete
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:10 PM   #314
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
From what has been shown so far, i'm sensing a piece that looks more along the lines of an up_scaled 1/4 scale piece, as compared to Prime 1, the detail appears to be absent. It will be good to see higher quality images, once the finished piece(s) are complete
The detail matches the previous PCS SF 1/3s.
Really I just think people are done here.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #315
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The detail matches the previous PCS SF 1/3s.
Really I just think people are done here.
We haven't really been shown much but I don't agree that the detail matches. Those pair of fat hair strands are a little out of place even on a 1/4 and overall everything feels softer. Still haven't seen the whole thing so can't comment fully but even comparing to the not quite stellar Sagat pics it looks quite a bit better.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #316
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
We haven't really been shown much but I don't agree that the detail matches. Those pair of fat hair strands are a little out of place even on a 1/4 and overall everything feels softer. Still haven't seen the whole thing so can't comment fully but even comparing to the not quite stellar Sagat pics it looks quite a bit better.
Not quite stellar Sagat pics? I think he looks awesome and those are just first in hand pics which usually are the worst. So far I am as satisfied as I hoped to be with Sagat.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #317
qz33
Rescue

Yeah I really do think this is great example of too much teasing coming to haunt a company.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #318
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Never cared for 1:3 chun. But gee, you don’t say. It’s been 20 damn months since the announcement and STILL NO REVEAL. Most of the excitement and hype have fallen off a cliff. I remember being super excited for this as well as a lot of other people. I sound like a broken record at this point but I’m gonna say it again, ITS BEEN WAY TOO DAMN LONG. Almost 2 years just to make the statue is truly ridiculous, and we haven’t even reached the stage after PO which takes another 2 years before we finally get the statue in hand.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #319
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Not quite stellar Sagat pics? I think he looks awesome and those are just first in hand pics which usually are the worst. So far I am as satisfied as I hoped to be with Sagat.
For first pics they look good, but they are still far from the best pics. They are only good compared to usually horrible first pics :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #320
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
For first pics they look good, but they are still far from the best pics. They are only good compared to usually horrible first pics :P
I respectfully have to disagree I think the Sagat pics look great regardless.

As far as Cammy tbh the time between the first tease of the new sculpt and the PO which will be end of this month/beginning of next month should rank as a record for PCS. Personally I think of the digital sculpt as a separate statue, the hand sculpt was scrapped and shouldn't add to the new sculpt's production time between first reveal and PO.

+ I like the new sculpt way more
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote