Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-31-2016, 03:04 AM   #31
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Ordered the Ex.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #32
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
so is this from the original movie molds or not? hcg are saying it is, Paul from cc says it isn't. I'd like to order this (the neca one has poor details and would be easily damaged) but to me it's important if it has a direct connection to the film or not
Just an FYI

BBTS has the NECA Slimer listed at 599.99 on sale from a list price of 699.99

I think the ex at HCG is on wait list now.
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:12 AM   #33
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This thing does look amazing, so much nostalgia.

Quote:
so is this from the original movie molds or not? hcg are saying it is, Paul from cc says it isn't. I'd like to order this (the neca one has poor details and would be easily damaged) but to me it's important if it has a direct connection to the film or not
Yes it would be great to have confirmation. Surely it is? Also with the 'crack' filled in - was that HCG's work? Or since multiple sculpts were used is it just from one which didn't have it. The latter would be more desireable. Even so, it still screams nostalgia, and no mistaking it for what looks like what we saw on screen.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #34
Moviefreak
Doh!

from what I have heard, Sony told HCG to fill the butt or they could not release it. They had no choice since if they didn't do what Sony asked, the whole project would get squashed. Licensors have total control and final say and as a licensee, you either listen or you don't get to play ball. This was not HCG giving the finger to collectors and making a choice to change the look of the casting. All this talk about "HCG should give us what we want" or "HCG Should change this". That is not going to happen or is not even remotely a possibility. You do not strong arm the studio who owns the rights, into letting you have free range. You follow their request or you risk losing the license. Let's recall what Alterton said about the smaller Slimer piece he just sculpted for HCG, Sony had them fill that in as well.
Moviefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:31 AM   #35
mattman68
Blue Falcon

I don't blame HCG. I'm sure it wasn't their decision, especially as it would be more work for them to alter what was already cast. Sony is to blame for sure, but what can I expect from a studio that is making that horrible idea of a reboot and thinks it's a good idea to make a MIB/21 Jump Street crossover among other horrendous things.
mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:34 AM   #36
mattman68
Blue Falcon

Quote:
This is a quote from Tom Spina designs regarding the sculpt and the one they finished for Steve Johnson's studio:

"Years ago, Steve Johnson's XFX studio, the original creators of Slimer for Ghostbusters, created a lifesize prop style statue of the character for their lobby.

Sculpted by Andy Schoenberg, the full scale (1:1) statue has long been thought of as the best representation of the original 1984 film's ghost.

Many years later, the lifesize figure was damaged beyond repair after a shipping mishap.

An artist salvaged what he could of that casting and created a set of molds from it, ultimately allowing the piece to live on in the form of a "kit" of parts that could be assembled to once again create the ghost!

We were honored that Steve Johnson asked us to take one of those kits and assemble and paint it as decoration for his new studio, Brick and Mortar Productions, where he is now proudly displayed!"
mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:50 AM   #37
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Thanks for the clarification guys! Good to knows its roots and established history. Well the powers that be have spoken, and it seems like this is the best we are going to get for a 'mass' produced piece, and it is cast from the Andy Schoenberg sculpt afterall .. It looks bang-on to me, apart from the crack. Great ES too, so hopefully they nail the finished application - apart from other reason, final application is certainly a factor in choosing this over the NECA one

They are the original creators, does this mean the 1:1 cast from the movie wasn't out there since they created this one for the lobby? I assume there mustn't be, for this to be considered the 'best representation'? Don't suppose anyone knows if XFX studio used the original puppet to sculpt it? Or is it that they first created one in smaller scale for the movie, and then this one in life-size for museum purposes? Well, I'm glad it's coming from the people who were involved with the original, that must be why it looks so good and accurate.

Never thought I would wake up with so many questions about slime and crack..
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #38
azurepred
Zot

I think a lot of you guys are also forgetting this is a company that has a track record for bad paint apps. Selene bust anyone? Even with such a simple looking pallet, I wouldn't trust them with $1200 of my money.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #39
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren3-4 View Post
Just an FYI

BBTS has the NECA Slimer listed at 599.99 on sale from a list price of 699.99

I think the ex at HCG is on wait list now.
thanks, just found it in the uk also for £450 and whilst it is tempting at that price the detail will be poor compared to the hcg version because of the different materials used. Plus I'm not keen on that texture it has all over it, makes it look like fur or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman68 View Post
This is a quote from Tom Spina designs regarding the sculpt and the one they finished for Steve Johnson's studio......
Thanks for the info so basically it's not got any direct links to screen used but by the looks of it, it's the next best thing and probably the only option most of us will have for a 1:1 slimer.
That's cool but hcg shouldn't be advertising this as from the movie molds

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I think a lot of you guys are also forgetting this is a company that has a track record for bad paint apps. Selene bust anyone? Even with such a simple looking pallet, I wouldn't trust them with $1200 of my money.
Yeah hcg's track record is poor to say the least and its definitely something that's already crossed my mind. However the power loader I got of there's is actually very good finish wise (and not just for them but any company) and perhaps more importantly where else can we get a 1:1 slimer? Neca's is out (for me at least) for reasons already stated and Paul at cc has already said they won't be doing one (even though they had the option to )
Worst case scenario I'll just repaint mine and maybe even add the crack back
Just placed my order for one at cduk, too much nostalgia in this piece for me to pass it up
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #40
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I asked them two questions, why no ghost crack and were the molds from a screen used slimer. They answered the crack questions with Sony said loose the bum but ignored the movie molds question
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote