Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-17-2019, 04:52 AM   #1111
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My admittedly limited knowledge of X-23 derives from the movie Logan. As a movie, i thought Logan was great. The Sideshow X-23 PF was picked up based on photo's take of the piece at various Con's, as i thought as a statue it looks good. On the subject of age, height, the movie Logan appears to have got it right. I view the Sideshow piece as a 1/5 scale 28yo Angelina Jolie jumping into the air, which is by no means a bad thing. In person, i had preconceived ideas the piece would be similar in size to the Sideshow PF Captain Marvel. At the same time, it makes sense to make the piece small as ideally it should be paired with Woverine.
This statue is the comic version of X-23, to pair with Wolverine and the rest of the comic line. Hence, the costume. It has no relation to the movie, since Hugh is way taller than Logan in the comics. The statue itself is 1/4 scale as it fits with the rest of the line.

For a comparison to 1/5 scale, take a picture of her next to Nightcrawler comiquette. For reference, comic Nightcrawler is 5’9”, which is about 13% taller than comic X-23.

For those waiting for a movie version, this is clearly not it and fits her 5’1 listed comic stature.

Hope that clears it up.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:15 AM   #1112
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My admittedly limited knowledge of X-23 derives from the movie Logan. As a movie, i thought Logan was great. The Sideshow X-23 PF was picked up based on photo's take of the piece at various Con's, as i thought as a statue it looks good. On the subject of age, height, the movie Logan appears to have got it right. I view the Sideshow piece as a 1/5 scale 28yo Angelina Jolie jumping into the air, which is by no means a bad thing. In person, i had preconceived ideas the piece would be similar in size to the Sideshow PF Captain Marvel. At the same time, it makes sense to make the piece small as ideally it should be paired with Woverine.
the movie Logan its x23, which isnt even mcu, has not much to do with the comic book character.
This is why i hate it when movies dont respect the source material.
Logan was a fun movie, but the story was pulled out of someones ass. and this statue is clearly the comic book version and has 0% relation to the movie.

The fact alone that the x23 origin was paired with old man logan and a sick/dying xavier makes zero sense from the comic point of view.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:17 AM   #1113
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
the movie x23, which isnt even mcu, has not much to do with the comic book character.

This is why i hate it when movies dont respect the source material.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #1114
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Nope. She’s a teen, period. Her specialty working for Zebra Daddy seemed to be with fetishes, particularly people who enjoy pain. No sex was shown. But X-23 debuted as and still is a teenager.

Someone needs to correct that Wikipedia page - to put it bluntly, it's misleading to say the least....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #1115
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Someone needs to correct that Wikipedia page - to put it bluntly, it's misleading to say the least....
Don’t ever trust Wikipedia, go for the comics which are the direct source material. And if you do not read comics, the minutiae in statue representation in any form shouldn’t matter to you anyway. It is like a person having issues with Star Wars statues who never watched the movie.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #1116
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Just because no sex was shown doesn't mean the comics didn't imply it. I always assume anybody looking for X-23 for a good time was scum and had no qualms about sleeping with a teenager and getting cut up by her.

And I have always assumed that regardless how X-23 ages, she will always look like a teen. She has all of Logan's traits so she ages slowly and will be petite.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #1117
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Don’t ever trust Wikipedia, go for the comics which are the direct source material. And if you do not read comics, the minutiae in statue representation in any form shouldn’t matter to you anyway. It is like a person having issues with Star Wars statues who never watched the movie.
I think you're confusing me with someone else. I never said I had a problem with this statue, or that I was "hung up on the minutiae" in any way.

I was discussing the age topic, and made some assumptions based on extrapolated data. I never implied I had blind trust in Wikipedia, I simply cited my information source, and provided a clear disclaimer.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #1118
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Isn't it weird to have a collection of statue-based comics but no comics? People come over and see your X-23 and are like, "Hey let me see what issues you have!" and it's like, "Do who to the what now?"
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #1119
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think you're confusing me with someone else. I never said I had a problem with this statue, or that I was "hung up on the minutiae" in any way.

I was discussing the age topic, and made some assumptions based on extrapolated data. I never implied I had blind trust in Wikipedia, I simply cited my information source, and provided a clear disclaimer.

Oh, I was referring specifically to the age aspect and use of Wikipedia in general.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #1120
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
Isn't it weird to have a collection of statue-based comics but no comics? People come over and see your X-23 and are like, "Hey let me see what issues you have!" and it's like, "Do who to the what now?"
Fascinating, I never imagined anyone would consider it strange to own a statue with no supporting media. For me, the statue itself has always been the objective.

Having said that, Marvel and D.C. are always retconning their characters, potentially redacting whole story lines. So getting emotionally attached to a character, under such circumstances, seems like a futile exercise.

Case in point would be the very discussion we're having about X23......