Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Why reboot when you can just as easily add to the existing catalog of films with more Predators and new characters?

Unless the plan is to just re-tell/re-cast the characters & narrative of the original. Which if that's the case I'm not very interested.
agreed. you know its not going to be as good as the original.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:50 AM   #22
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
agreed. you know its not going to be as good as the original.
Some movies can't be bettered, Alien and Predator are among these, but that is no reason not to try. I'm just happy the Predator license is being kept alive despite the AVP:Rs best efforts to bury it. Even that mess gave us the Wolf!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #23
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Some movies can't be bettered, Alien and Predator are among these, but that is no reason not to try. I'm just happy the Predator license is being kept alive despite the AVP:Rs best efforts to bury it. Even that mess gave us the Wolf!
true and i guess.
i actually didn't mind AvP. i kind of liked it.

i just dont see this remake/reboot being better than the original is all. but hey ive been wrong before.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #24
Python
Omega Red

I agree, it likely won't, but I'm looking forward to it non the less. I'm not sure Predator did all that well when it first released though did it? I was one in 1987. I think it is one of those movies that became a cult classic later on, in large part due to Stan Winstons incredible creature design.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #25
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

All of Arnold's best films are sci-fi.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #26
DynamicMenace

Quote:
I agree, it likely won't, but I'm looking forward to it non the less. I'm not sure Predator did all that well when it first released though did it? I was one in 1987. I think it is one of those movies that became a cult classic later on, in large part due to Stan Winstons incredible creature design.
yeah it was pretty successful.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #27
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

I looked it up. It was the 12th highest domestic film of 1987 ($60 mil). For reference, the #1 movie that year was Three Men and a Baby at $168 mil.

Kinda so-so box office for an Arnold movie, but it did out-gross Robocop that year. I would say both films have had much more success after-the-fact then they did on their initial theatrical releases.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I looked it up. It was the 12th highest domestic film of 1987 ($60 mil). For reference, the #1 movie that year was Three Men and a Baby at $168 mil.

Kinda so-so box office for an Arnold movie, but it did out-gross Robocop that year. I would say both films have had much more success after-the-fact then they did on their initial theatrical releases.
thanks for the info,
i knew it wasn't number one. but i knew it wasn't a cult classic either. like you said. so so, fairly successful.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #29
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Idiots, once again creative bankruptcy prevails.

Oh well, one less movie to see and more money in my pocket for statues.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #30
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I actually was surprised with AVP:R, I actually liked it! It was much better than the first AVP. Wolf was awesome in it, I just wish the humans were better.

I wish they would make a Predator sequel with Arnold in it again.

Here's my story:

It's a new group of marines who encounter a rival group that were "skinned alive." They have not seen something like this in 30 years so decide to bring in an expert - Dutch! All hell breaks loose again and all the marines die except Dutch who battles the Predator one on one again. Loads of new Predator weapons of course and great kills.

There you go, why can't Hollywood think of this?
I bet that will be better than the new movie!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote