Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #101
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Holding out for nightwing.... or should I just get this?
Just get both. They'll announce Nightwing in 2030.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #102
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Chris O’Donnell as Robin says “holy rusted metal, Batman!” In “Batman Forever” when he’s referencing metal that has actual rust and holes in it.

“Batman Forever” is a corny movie but that line pays homage to Burt Ward’s classic TV Robin where he often exclaimed “Holy (insert weird statement), Batman!” so it was a cool thing for the movie to do.

And here sideshow incorporated that reference into this PF by having Robin jumping over literal “holy, rusted metal”. That’s why the guy in the video says “I see what you did, Sideshow.”

Wrong Robin since the movie and TV show are both Dick, which makes it funny to me since this statue is two Robins and still not the one the reference pertains to, but still it’s cool of Sideshow to include the reference. If anything it shows the creativity and cleverness they put into this statue and I imagine it was fun for them to make this. Makes me appreciate it even more.
Nice write-up, Peedi. I had forgotten about Chris O'Donnell's reference to the '66 Batman in Batman Forever.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #103
Rycher
Birdman

It's good, if a little safe. They could have been more creative with the pose of a former circus acrobat. Also this...

Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #104
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
It's good, if a little safe. They could have been more creative with the pose of a former circus acrobat. Also this...
This isn’t that Robin. Dick was the circus acrobat you’re referring to. This one is both Tim and Damian.

Yeah, the pose is similar to Nathan Drake. Also in the same posing realm as the Amazing Spider-Man PF and Miles Spider-Man PF

Thanks chronos
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #105
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
This isn’t that Robin. Dick was the circus acrobat you’re referring to. This one is both Tim and Damian.

Yeah, the pose is similar to Nathan Drake. Also in the same posing realm as the Amazing Spider-Man PF and Miles Spider-Man PF

Thanks chronos
I know, I was referring to Dick. Also, has it actually been confirmed yet by Sideshow that this is Tim? They make no mention of it in the video, and I can't find any more info on the site.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #106
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
I know, I was referring to Dick. Also, has it actually been confirmed yet by Sideshow that this is Tim? They make no mention of it in the video, and I can't find any more info on the site.
Dick didn't wield a bo staff did he? I have to assume this is Tim.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #107
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Ha ha, that's cute.
So much determination, perseverance and hope really deserved a reward.
Now, Sideshow, please give Demona her so much desired Storm, and this new year will already look like a happy fireworks.
Quote:
Thanks! This made the whole event for me! I absolutely hope Demona gets her Storm as well because that’s be another must buy for me as well.
Thanks guys, I'm crossing my fingers. Four days left to see if we all finally get a new Storm drop! I always hope that the SS crew has seen my passion for Storm and thought...hope we do Demona's passion justice.....

I am very happy for Robin fans. Even more for guys like you, Peedi, who LOVE the statue. The fact the statue can rep TWO Robins in one is sweet.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #108
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Dick didn't wield a bo staff did he? I have to assume this is Tim.
He has before in the comics and more recently in the cartoons (Teen Titans Go for example, as well as the original show from 2003 iirc...). He also wields one in the arkham games but I'm not 100% on that.

But I take your point, the staff is mostly Tim Drake's thing -- although I wouldn't put it past Sideshow to have taken some liberties here.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #109
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
He has before in the comics and more recently in the cartoons (Teen Titans Go for example, as well as the original show from 2003 iirc...). He also wields one in the arkham games but I'm not 100% on that.

But I take your point, the staff is mostly Tim Drake's thing -- although I wouldn't put it past Sideshow to have taken some liberties here.
The Robin wielding the staff in the Arkham games is Tim Drake. Dick Grayson is already Nightwing in the games.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:20 PM   #110
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
The Robin wielding the staff in the Arkham games is Tim Drake. Dick Grayson is already Nightwing in the games.
I stand corrected - I've never played those games myself so my knowledge is limited; still, Dick has wielded the bo staff in the cartoons and the comics (Dark Victory is another example).

Anyway, I digress. Tim Drake wouldn't have been my first choice but it's a quarter scale comic Robin statue, so there's that.