Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-02-2019, 12:29 AM   #651
Roachmojo
Doh!

Mine arrived yesterday, number 96/800 DX. It has some minor flaws, but otherwise looks great to me.

1. Closed mouth head dome has a tiny flaw on the top/middle of dome, and another on the left side. They are so small you have to really look for them, however. The open mouth bust is flawless as far as I can tell.

2. The left hand does not quite come all the way down, as at least a couple of other owners on this thread have reported. The seams looks good, though.

Other than that, looks great and I'm happy with it. It is friggin ginormous, though...holy crap...
Roachmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #652
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachmojo View Post
Mine arrived yesterday, number 96/800 DX. It has some minor flaws, but otherwise looks great to me.

1. Closed mouth head dome has a tiny flaw on the top/middle of dome, and another on the left side. They are so small you have to really look for them, however. The open mouth bust is flawless as far as I can tell.

2. The left hand does not quite come all the way down, as at least a couple of other owners on this thread have reported. The seams looks good, though.

Other than that, looks great and I'm happy with it. It is friggin ginormous, though...holy crap...

Mine arrived yesterday as well (234/800 DX). Mine had some minor flaws on the domes of both heads. There were a few very small tacky smudges in noticeable spots on the front of one of them and a couple partial fingerprints that wouldn't rub off on the tops of both.

For anyone else who may have had these issues, I was able to remove all the tacky smudges & fingerprints by carefully using a small amount of Goo Gone on a microfiber cloth and rubbing gently for a minute or two. The fingerprints took a bit more effort (might have been glue residue on someone's finger), but eventually it worked.

I was initially a bit upset when I first took the parts out of the box, but now I am totally happy with it. Not sure why the workers don't wear gloves during the entire handling process to avoid this, but it really does look fantastic after using the Goo Gone. The left leg on mine also does not sit completely down on the base, but it isn't really noticeable. It could settle down more over time.

Fantastic statue!
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #653
Roachmojo
Doh!

Nice, glad you got it fixed!

My issue is not smudging, I'm afraid, but an actually physical slaw. I can feel it when I run my finger over it. It really is just a pinprick, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Mine arrived yesterday as well (234/800 DX). Mine had some minor flaws on the domes of both heads. There were a few very small tacky smudges in noticeable spots on the front of one of them and a couple partial fingerprints that wouldn't rub off on the tops of both.

For anyone else who may have had these issues, I was able to remove all the tacky smudges & fingerprints by carefully using a small amount of Goo Gone on a microfiber cloth and rubbing gently for a minute or two. The fingerprints took a bit more effort (might have been glue residue on someone's finger), but eventually it worked.

I was initially a bit upset when I first took the parts out of the box, but now I am totally happy with it. Not sure why the workers don't wear gloves during the entire handling process to avoid this, but it really does look fantastic after using the Goo Gone. The left leg on mine also does not sit completely down on the base, but it isn't really noticeable. It could settle down more over time.

Fantastic statue!
Old 10-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #654
tonytiger
The X-Men

Wow sorry hear about your issues guys, here is my review of mine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLjmdguFThc&t=36s
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:27 PM   #655
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post

Great review and congrats on a superb piece.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #656
FROBAY
Phoenix

Sideshow told me they have exhausted their replacements and offered me ridiculous refund amount. I opted for a full refund. Glad most of them are making it to collectors safely.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:50 PM   #657
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Sideshow told me they have exhausted their replacements and offered me ridiculous refund amount. I opted for a full refund. Glad most of them are making it to collectors safely.
I guess they are getting them in batches? I suppose you could just order another one since they are still available for pre-order on the SS website. I realize that you are disappointed receiving a broken statue, and that sucks. Having to get back in line and wait for the next batch seems to still be a possibility even if highly frustrating. Sorry to hear your predicament.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:48 AM   #658
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Sorry to hear that.

Man - I am SOOOOOOO over dealing with Sadshow - but the horror-story continues for some of you I'm afraid.

Hope you can re-order at some point.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #659
Roachmojo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post

Awesome, dude! It really is a magnificent piece. I bought a separate table yesterday so I can move it off the main table and give it a place of honor.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:36 PM   #660
Roachmojo
Doh!

Quote:
Jesus, so sorry to hear that, man...I sure hope you can re-order, as others have said.