Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-30-2020, 11:43 AM   #241
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like the EX more, but I don’t know if I like it $110 more.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #242
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I have given up on retirement. Will work until I die.
AMEN! LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #243
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
UPS. Got it from Sideshow. Paid $60 and $75 for the other two 1/3s I have. It just amazes me the regular Darkseid is $350 with free shipping. I gotta pay $485 shipped for the EX.
Thanks. I found that FedEx is a little cheaper. I would hope that SS gets better rates because they ship a lot. P1 AK HQ run me $55 in 2018.

I was just looking at Martian Manhunter that they have for $199 (as I came up with the idea that now I want JL) and they want $61 for shipping.

I love the EX portrait on DS and I'm will in to pay extra to get it. That said there are deal out there to be had.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #244
MapleDonut
Justice League

Get the Martian Manhunter. It's really exceptional. I should know. I have two!
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:35 PM   #245
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Thanks. I found that FedEx is a little cheaper. I would hope that SS gets better rates because they ship a lot. P1 AK HQ run me $55 in 2018.

I was just looking at Martian Manhunter that they have for $199 (as I came up with the idea that now I want JL) and they want $61 for shipping.

I love the EX portrait on DS and I'm will in to pay extra to get it. That said there are deal out there to be had.
I got MMH last year from TH. It's a great statue. Shipping was around $35 to $40. Shipping prices have really gone wild lately. The whole point of collecting 1/6 is to get cheap shipping.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #246
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
$85 for shipping? I just paid $80 for a 1/3 with 2 boxes. Come on. And I see specfiction has the regular for $350 shipped. I wish they had more EX's lol.
That was a huge pricing mistake on our end. That is NOT the correct pricing. our mistake.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:52 PM   #247
MapleDonut
Justice League

Funny, I went to go look at Darkseid on the Tweeterhead site and don't even see him for sale.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:07 PM   #248
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

he was up there but for some reason he is now gone

I can understand wanting the exclusive but if you really are not going to change out the head, just get it through you LCBS. You would not have shipping charges to worry about.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #249
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
Funny, I went to go look at Darkseid on the Tweeterhead site and don't even see him for sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
he was up there but for some reason he is now gone

I can understand wanting the exclusive but if you really are not going to change out the head, just get it through you LCBS. You would not have shipping charges to worry about.
Chad is going to do a video later today. Noon PST, 3 p.m. EST.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:16 PM   #250
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

DARKSEID ISSUES

Hey Folks,

I’m going to do a live video addressing all this later today, but wanted to post an update here as well. We quickly discovered some issues with the Darkseid pre-orer this morning and are going to fix it ASAP!

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting to wake up this morning to about 11 Darkseid sales and immediately came here to see what was the issue was.

1. Shipping: Although Shipping costs have gone up, $86 to anyone for a 20x20x25 box that is 25lbs is CRAZY! The problem was on our end. Our back office uses our UPS account to determine shipping costs and since it's been since Sept that we put anything on pre-order...our UPS acct wasn't linking up because of a password change. For the folks who were charged $85 or MORE...I did a few tests and you should have been charged around $59-$65 for UPS ground. I don't charge any extra for handling...so you are paying the exact same amount as I'm getting billed for.

2. Pricing: NO ONE, not a single distributor or store will ever sell any TH product for $1 less than out EX on our site from now on. Going forward, no one will be able to discount a TH item without written permission from me. Why in the world would I ever want you to purchase something day one for what amounts to over $100 in savings! There was an error with Spec Fiction today, please don't get me wrong, I think Todd is AWESOME...but looking at how this completely pulled the rug out from under our EX release is pretty major and eye opening.

3: EX pricing. Unless I'm wrong, I've always kept the EX the same price as the regular edition. This will always be the case with TH EX.

The bottom line, is I'm trying to do my best to get you guys the best price on my pieces. Between the shipping (no mark up) and the EX, I'm hoping you guys will purchase from me first...

This is how we're going to fix this Darkseid issue...Vicky is refunding all the purchases from today (around 20) and we are relaunching Darkseid next TUESDAY, Feb 4th. I hope you guys will be part of this relaunch pre-order and understand that the shipping error was on us.

Thanks to everyone here for always keeping me informed on whats going on. So sorry for this hiccup!!

Last edited by Tweeterhead; 01-30-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote