I enjoyed it.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:32 PM   #24692
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Polar - 1/10

It actually takes quite a lot for me to walk away from a film once it’s started, but 30 min in that’s exactly what I did here. This almost feels like two separate films. One featuring the always great Mads Mikkelsen as a retiring hitman and the other featuring a bunch of WAY over the top full on B-movie characters that I just.. could... not.. take seriously. What I saw of Mads was interesting enough to stay with it as long as I did but ultimately not enough to wade through the other garbage. Given I didn’t watch this in it’s entirety I almost didn’t rate it but felt it necessary to warn others. Another stinker from Netflix, who seem to produce mostly SyFy Channel level films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I watched it, it isn't good, but I'd rate it a little higher than HB. probably a 3 or 4. My issue with the film is that it's got a very shallow plot and it's very cartoonish in an action sub-genre that doesn't really allow for that. It is based on a GN, which I believe is why it's as over-the-top as it is, though that's just a guess as I've never read it.

Just my two cents without any spoilers.
Polar 8/10

How can you guys not like this? I mean it isn't as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg&app=desktop

but it's pretty damn good
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:52 PM   #24693
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Den of Thieves. 6/10
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:57 PM   #24694
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Polar 8/10

How can you guys not like this? I mean it isn't as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg&app=desktop

but it's pretty damn good
Kung Fury is great because it’s not trying to pass itself off as anything other than what it is. Polar on the other hand should’ve been titled “Bipolar” if you ask me as it couldn’t decide if it was gonna play it straight or go full retard. Glad you enjoyed it though. I’ve heard it gets better towards the end but alas, I couldn’t endure. Had I made it to conclusion my rating may have been more in line with Josh-a-tron’s 3 or 4/10.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:13 PM   #24695
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

First Man - 9/10

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 8/10 Love Wes Andersons quirky style. I absolutely enjoy all of his films.

There Will Be Blood - still a 10/10 for me after multiple viewings. One of my all time favorites.
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:13 AM   #24696
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Polar (Netflix Original Film) 7/10 It's like someone said "Let's make a movie featuring the baby of Deadpool, John Wick and Pulp Fiction!" Sounds good on paper but was not executed properly.

IO (Netflix Original Film) 5/10 a sleeper
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #24697
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Cold War (2018) - In the 1950s, a music director falls in love with a singer and tries to persuade her to flee communist Poland for France.

A European, subtitled, bleak, romantic, black & white, period piece--my kind of movie to start. Adding to that a stellar soundtrack makes this one of 2018's best. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:43 AM   #24698
Python
Omega Red

The Predator. 5/10

Even though I'm one of the forum Predator nerds, I don't do cinemas so had to wait for the blu ray release of this. I went in with extremely low expectations which was a good idea. The movie is a bit of a mess, and the CGI Predators are tragic and do not belong in a franchise that has always had very good practical suit work. The story arc involving "Fugative's" goal (and the solution) was also ridiculous.

On the plus side, there were a few enjoyable moments, and some of the characters were actually fairly decent. Also the kid wasn't as bad as he could have been in his fairly prominent role. So this ended up being a very average movie for me. Disappointing, but not as tragic as I feared. It certainly isn't the big "event" movie they claimed it would be.

Just putting out there Fox.... John Mctiernan is available and certainly knows how to make a decent action movie.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #24699
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Mimic (1997) - 7/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #24700
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Avengers Infinity Wats 4/10

I know I will get crucified for this but it is what it is.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote