Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #6031
Spidey42005
Fantastic Four

Thanos has officially divided the statue community .

But in all seriousness with all the debate, whose just pumped to get this in hand one day!? Regardless of ES, Price, or if it holds its value … I believe this thing will be one bad ass statue as long as the QC is good. I am just as stoked as I was when I originally pre-ordered it.

Unfortunately were looking at the rise of cost in statues becoming a norm, and while Thanos is $1200.00 … the going rate for a Premium format is now about $550.00. Heck by this time next year a premium format may even be $750.00, so whose to say this piece might not hold is value. Don’t forget as we have all seen the past few years, heck even months statues keep rising in price. There seems to be no end.

Hell even sideshow is charging more for an EX then a regular ... there is just no end!!!
Spidey42005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #6032
nearmint
Phoenix

I think it's going to be fun to see what statues people choose to display next to Thanos. Who is he beckoning?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #6033
adee
Green Arrow

Riddle me this...

If it took so long to announce the ES because people were holding out on ordering until they knew the ES how did they come up with that number and now that people know the ES and are holding out until release will the CE sell out and the hold outs be out once again?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #6034
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think it's going to be fun to see what statues people choose to display next to Thanos. Who is he beckoning?
I've got an epic loki on throne in mind to put right next to him.
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #6035
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey42005 View Post
Thanos has officially divided the statue community .

But in all seriousness with all the debate, whose just pumped to get this in hand one day!? Regardless of ES, Price, or if it holds its value … I believe this thing will be one bad ass statue as long as the QC is good. I am just as stoked as I was when I originally pre-ordered it.

Unfortunately were looking at the rise of cost in statues becoming a norm, and while Thanos is $1200.00 … the going rate for a Premium format is now about $550.00. Heck by this time next year a premium format may even be $750.00, so whose to say this piece might not hold is value. Don’t forget as we have all seen the past few years, heck even months statues keep rising in price. There seems to be no end.

Hell even sideshow is charging more for an EX then a regular ... there is just no end!!!
I am super excited. I even have a countdown on my phone! Still a long wait LOL... but ya, with the rising cost and all things considered, I think this will be my last statue for years to come, which is fitting as it looks like it will be all down hill from here anyways. My fav sculpt of my fav character of all time... a good note to end on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I'm going to display him with Galactus Maquette!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #6036
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Riddle me this...

If it took so long to announce the ES because people were holding out on ordering until they knew the ES how did they come up with that number and now that people know the ES and are holding out until release will the CE sell out and the hold outs be out once again?
The opposite. They didn't announce the ES until the sales started slowing down. It finally fell out of top 30 so it's time to set the ES.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #6037
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
That is a much higher ES than I was expecting. Clearly someone is kicking themselves over setting the EX ES too low.

There is zero reason to jump on a Reg, wait for discounts.
I think they are kicking themselves for making the wrong head the exclusive.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #6038
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I think they are kicking themselves for making the wrong head the exclusive.
I don't know about that. The way it was handled created way more hype driving sales to the CE/Reg Edition. This thread alone has almost half a million views.

FOMO strikes again.........
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #6039
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I don't know about that. The way it was handled created way more hype driving sales to the CE/Reg Edition. This thread alone has almost half a million views.

FOMO strikes again.........
I agree about the hype machine. It was unmatched. But I would argue they could have sold even more if the smiling portrait was the regular.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #6040
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
High levels of sodium from all the bitter folks that hope the ex fails. lol! I dont see anyone announcing their waitlist has converted since the es announcement. Those that are on the waitlist, why not cancel your orders, instead of trying to sway the ex owners into canceling? I bet if your WL order converted, those same naysayers will run and join the ex club, and completely turn a 180 from their original stance. lmao!

I see reverse psychology here. Just like when Sideshow announced the es of 750, and all the members here told people "dont buy it right away. It'll sit for months before it sells out". People fell for it while others capitalized on securing one.

Do your thing with the recasted heads or custom parts. Whatever will make you feel better guys. But custom head or not, the regular will always be a regular and a part of the 3500 run, and not a part of the original 750 exclusive run. Again, what makes an exclusive a genuine exclusive, is when the majority of people want what they cant have, and have to settle for the second best thing. And if you want the ex, you'll have to pay up for it. This is a true exclusive with a run of 750 in all sense of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Please, leave the regular head attached so no custom heads can be made
Best thing said in the entire thread. Leave the head on for the Regulars (PERIOD)
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote