Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-30-2022, 10:55 AM   #411
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m one of the guilty that POed .

Wanted a Vader to add , had a bunch of rewards to unload and didn’t want to pay resell on the original. Can’t wait to get this in hand, but yea … it wouldn’t have hurt to wait until the discounts start rolling in
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:56 AM   #412
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Holy crap!!
Ok I?m sorry , SSC has to really think about lowering these prices on their Statues.
I already pre ordered the EX, but 4500??
Honestly this is the last piece I buy from SS.
$650 for a total ES of 11000? And that?s without Taxes and Shipping? Nope! Sorry SSC your done.
Only reason I?m keeping this , no matter what it?s a great Vader IMO. But if I would have known the ES was that high, I would have easily waited for a sale or secondary market. I was thinking maybe 2000 EX and maybe 3500 Reg. And that?s still high.
But 11000..OMG!

And I know it?s a Business, but you are no longer offering me a legit collectible if everyone can get it. Part of this hobby for me is getting that Elusive piece.
Glad they are not the only show in town.
100%. I'm not trying to spend 700-800 dollars on something anyone can own. It ceases to become a collectible at 11,000 ES. Maybe they should rebrand to 'Sideshow Premium Toys' or something.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:56 AM   #413
SDguy

Totally not surprised. Tons of positive comments across social media, and SW has a huge fanbase. The fact that people are surprised , is most surprising
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #414
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Ummm...

I'm assuming that people who want to get it to resell it in the future and make some money are the ones upset about it...

In my view there are 3 types of collectors.... The ones who collect a piece because they love it regardless...the ones who still love it but would like to make some money in the future and those who don't love it per se and collect so they can make a profit in the future....

I'm in the first category and I couldn't care less about te ES... and I don't think any less of someone who wants to make money one day... but a high ES doesn't necessarily means that the price will not go up. It is a hell of a statue and I think the value will increase after a few years....

Am I wrong?
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:31 AM   #415
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Ummm...

I'm assuming that people who want to get it to resell it in the future and make some money are the ones upset about it...

In my view there are 3 types of collectors.... The ones who collect a piece because they love it regardless...the ones who still love it but would like to make some money in the future and those who don't love it per se and collect so they can make a profit in the future....

I'm in the first category and I couldn't care less about te ES... and I don't think any less of someone who wants to make money one day... but a high ES doesn't necessarily means that the price will not go up. It is a hell of a statue and I think the value will increase after a few years....

Am I wrong?

You definitely have valid points..but it's not 100% accurate.
I pre ordered the Ex because Vader is one of my favorites. And like I stated before..one of the Best Vaders I ever seen. So I was and still am happy I got him..and he will not be leaving my collection. But as a collector I'm still upset at the extremely high ES. In most business models you set a higher ES to lower the cost to consumers, and get your products out there. SSC is doing the opposite..tell me this is $650 and and it's limited, but don't say how limited it is until they feel like they had their fill. That's just wrong IMO. What makes an 11000 ES limited?

Let's all remember, we are extremely lucky to be able to collect these high end products, especially these days. But again I'm a collector, and at the end of the day this just makes Vader a common piece, not a collector's piece.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:34 AM   #416
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Ummm...

Am I wrong?
Yes you're wrong.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #417
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thank God I didn't pre-order this... as an investment.

My condolences to anyone who did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
100%. I'm not trying to spend 700-800 dollars on something anyone can own. It ceases to become a collectible at 11,000 ES. Maybe they should rebrand to 'Sideshow Premium Toys' or something.
Is that the number when that happens? Good to know.

How does the saying go? When you know the price (ES) of everything, but the value of nothing.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:51 AM   #418
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It's a big number, for sure, but they don't know how well it's going to sell when they set the price. According to a post on FB from the K Bros, this is selling extremely well.

This piece looks really good. I'm a Star Wars fan that decided not to get any Star Wars statue from the very beginning when I jumped into this hobby. But I'm seriously thinking of grabbing this piece. Wouldn't be surprised if this is actually selling well.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:06 PM   #419
BurningRage
Inhumans

Waiting for 15% off coupon.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:03 PM   #420
Conehead
Luke Cage

And in this economy..Seriously impressive! Kucharek Brothers making SS mad cash !
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote