Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #21
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

The Playstation Gear store currently has limited edition version of The Art of the Uncharted Trilogy art book on sale for $29.99 (Reg price is $40). The edition size is 2000 copies and it has 192 pages.

Here is the link for those interested:

http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/th...d-edition.html

They also have the Art of Naughty Dog on sale as well.

Its usually $40 and is on sale for $19.99 and like the Uncharted book, it also has 192 pages. Here is the link to that one if your interested:

http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/th...hardcover.html
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #22
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Some new acquisitions that I hadn't posted yet. The N64 book was from a kickstarter. It's the collectors edition which includes a slipcase and a book containing art box pictures.

Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #23
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Love art books ... I've been hunting down the darksiders 1 and 2 art books for a while now but everytime they are up on eBay I always get outbid
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #24
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

New Mass Effect books

As I am sure ever big gamer out there knows, the new Mass Effect is literally a few weeks away from being released and those with EA Access, like myself, we are only about a week away before were able to play it for a full 10 hours, basically a week before it releases to the public. So were about to see a whole slew of new Mass Effect collectibles hit the market, including books. Here are a couple I thought people might be interested in.

First if the regular art book which is like the previous Mass Effect art books that have ben released.

The Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda

The pre order price is currently $20.37 and that will likely rise to roughly the $25 level once the book is released. For those who enjoy reading the novels that get released for series like Halo, Mass Effect etc., there is a new novel coming as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Mass-Effe...fect+Andromeda

Mass Effect - Andromeda: Nexus Uprising

Quote:
Titan Books will work closely with acclaimed video game developer BioWare to publish three brand new novels set in the universe of MASS EFFECT(TM): ANDROMEDA. The action will weave directly into the new game, chronicling storylines developed in close collaboration with the BioWare game team. The action takes place concurrently with the adventure of the game itself, setting up the story and events of the game adding depth and detail to the canonical MASS EFFECT saga.
As you can see, this is the first novel in a new trilogy being written. Its currently $6.49 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-A...fect+Andromeda

For those interested in strategy guides, you have a couple of options. The first in the collectors edition by Prima.

Mass Effect: Andromeda: Prima Collector's Edition Guide

And for those looking for a bit more, there is a Pathfinder Edition being released by Prima.

Mass Effect: Andromeda: Pathfinder Edition Guide

Quote:
Mass Effect™: Andromeda Initiative Backpack: A two-pocket Andromeda Initiative backpack that holds a 15-inch laptop.

Alternate Premium Hardcover Guide: An exclusive hardcover version of the complete guide. A must-have for every Mass Effect fan! Only available in the Pathfinder Edition.

DLC Code Inside: Get a head start on Day 1 co-op play with the MultiPlayer Booster Pack, which includes weapons and equipment to kick-start your progress (entitled instantly, limit one per match).

Welcome Letter: An introduction letter, written by the mission’s founder, Jien Garson, welcomes you to the Andromeda Initiative.

Galaxy Chart: A full-color 11”x17” map of the Andromeda Galaxy.

Field Journal: A 32-page journal with field notes and sketches about the Initiative with space for your own note-taking needs while on your adventure.

Branded Envelope: The Galaxy Chart and Welcome Letter come packaged in an Andromeda Initiative branded envelope.

Mobile-Friendly eGuide: Unlock the enhanced eGuide for strategy on the go, all optimized for a second-screen experience.

Limited quantities! Once this Pathfinder Edition box is sold out, it will no longer be available, making this a must-have for collectors!
https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-A...e%3A1294423011

The MSRP on the Pathefinder edition is $129.99, but its currently up for pre-order for $94.30.

I am one of the biggest Mass Effect junkies out there considering its my single favorite game series of all time and science fiction is by far my single favorite genre for games, books, and films. I own all of the Mass Effect replica weapons and all of the lithographs that were originally released in tandem with Treehouse Brand Stores.

Unfortunately, Bioware or Treehouse clearly weren't aware of the moto, "if its not broken don't fix it" as they wound up compltely changing the lithographs once Mass Effect 3 hit and everyone basically hated them. It put an end to a line of absolutely beautiful lithographs. Thankfully the value on the originals has increased considerable and the new design that everyone hated really didn't effect the value of the originals. So I am thaful for that, but it still sucks that they ceased producing those original style lithographs. There were still so many characters and landscapes to cover. So I am hopeing they get back to releasing lithograhs for Mass Effect Andromeda and go back to releasing them in the original white border format. And hopefully Triforce wont be too far behind with some new replica Weapons.

All in all, these are very exciting times for Mass Effect fans and it coldn't have come at a better time for me as I just cleared a crapload of statues from my pre order list with Sideshow over the last few months so my monthly hobby budget has increased markedly just as Mass Effect is hitting the market.

I have already pre ordered the art book, but I can't decide wether to buy the Pathfinder strategy guide. I would never use that backpack, but it is a pretty cool collectibles for Mass Effect fans. Decisions, decisions...
Old 03-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #25
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Nice thanks for sharing this! That pathfinder edition is tempting !
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #26
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

I also have a few on pre-order that I am really looking forward too, but this one in particular I am really excited to get.

"Art of Atari"

I just got this one. I am only a little ways in but its been a great blast from the past so far. I loved all those Atari boxes.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #27
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden View Post
I just got this one. I am only a little ways in but its been a great blast from the past so far. I loved all those Atari boxes.
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with that book and I am really happy I wound up ponying up the money for the special slipcase edition. They did a great job on that edition as it really is a beautiful book. That whole book was just one big blast from the past. I remembered almost every game cover in that book.

Its a shame that you don't see videogame art like this anymore, just like its a shame we don't see movie posters like we used to. Movie poster art in particular is vastly inferior to what it used to be. There are still some decent movie posters here and theere, but they just don't compare to the posters we saw back in the day.

And I wanted to post this up just due to how cheap it is. Amazon currenty has the Assassin's Creed Movie Poster Book for just $1.45. Its got 24 double sided posters.

Hell, $1.45 with free shipping with Amazon Prime, thats just too good of a deal for me to pass up. I spent more than that on a Slurpie from 7-Eleven yesterday, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 03-13-2017, 10:18 PM   #28
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Barnes and Noble currently has The Art of Blizzard on sale for 50% off, or just $9.99. That is the cheapest you will find this book anywhere and its one of the best video game art books I have purchased in the last couple of years. Its a hardcover and is 376 pages so its a decent sized book overall. Its sold out on Amazon and the cheapest you can get a new copy through Amazon Marketplace is Roughly $28.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...roductInfoTabs

Trust me, this is one of the best deals I have seen on art books of this quality in some time. If you don't own this and enjoy Blizzard and video game art, you should be jumping all over this deal. You get free shipping with a purchase of just $25 so yo will have to buy something else as well if you want free shipping.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:45 AM   #29
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Very cool. Thanks.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #30
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm sure Zelda fans know but a new Legend of Zelda Art and Artifacts book came out. There is a limited version too. The only difference is the cover and gold tipped pages. Which for any Zelda fan is enough to go for the limited version. The book is all artwork from all the Zelda games. Huge book. Highly recommended.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote