Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #6451
ambasah
Red Skull

I don't like them either although it is not a deal-breaker in any way.

I hoped SS could provide gems like the xm version. that is perfect in my view...although maybe the light up made it a no-go for the SS version?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #6452
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Guys, write it down. The EX of this Thanos on Throne is going to fetch 5k. EASILY. The path has been described by me in previous posts here. Read it carefully to learn exactly how a market with collectibles works and then put in your mind the following

Perfect EX, rather low ES for the EX, perfect statue, perfect size (TOWERS OVER Doom and Magneto), perfect mix of realism and comic accuracy, intricate details, complicate paints, PERFECT character (Thanos), A-list villain, PERFECT timing (just before Thanos becomes well established), everything is perfect.

No way the EX will trade under 4k in 3 years time and under 5k in 5 years time. NO F......G WAY. IF Doom on throne trades @ 4k-5k and Magneto @ 3k, no way this Thanos which is clearly 10 levels above Magneto's sculpt and on par with Doom sculpt-wise but clearly larger in size, will trade for RETAIL as some guys are saying. NO WAY. Read some older posts to find out why.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #6453
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm willing to bet that when the light up feature is turned off, the gem looks like the proto we've all seen. When turned on, well, it lights up. Combined with the convention lighting and probably flash of the camera, you get the pics we've seen. Down start saying the sky is falling that they look like cheap skittles. I tell ya, the people in this hobby have been ----ing brutal the last 24 hours. Just picking apart every little thing.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #6454
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i think the other thing is also the gems are lit up in the D23 picture and the issue may really be with the type of light they used inside, it looks to me like its some sort of light source that is distributing evenly inside the gems instead of something more like an LED that shines like a star(if that makes sense) for all we know, the gems probably look like the prototype when the light goes off
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #6455
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm willing to bet that when the light up feature is turned off, the gem looks like the proto we've all seen. When turned on, well, it lights up. Combined with the convention lighting and probably flash of the camera, you get the pics we've seen. Down start saying the sky is falling that they look like cheap skittles. I tell ya, the people in this hobby have been ----ing brutal the last 24 hours. Just picking apart every little thing.
I'm in total agreement. They appear to be illuminated.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #6456
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I feel no less excited about this piece after seeing those pics. I'm shocked we can even tell the lights are on considering how well lit the room is with the white light all around it.

I wouldn't be using the light up feature unless I had him in a dimly lit case with some strategic accent mood lights around him (Or the lights off all together).
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #6457
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Guys, write it down. The EX of this Thanos on Throne is going to fetch 5k. EASILY. The path has been described by me in previous posts here. Read it carefully to learn exactly how a market with collectibles works and then put in your mind the following

Perfect EX, rather low ES for the EX, perfect statue, perfect size (TOWERS OVER Doom and Magneto), perfect mix of realism and comic accuracy, intricate details, complicate paints, PERFECT character (Thanos), A-list villain, PERFECT timing (just before Thanos becomes well established), everything is perfect.

No way the EX will trade under 4k in 3 years time and under 5k in 5 years time. NO F......G WAY. IF Doom on throne trades @ 4k-5k and Magneto @ 3k, no way this Thanos which is clearly 10 levels above Magneto's sculpt and on par with Doom sculpt-wise but clearly larger in size, will trade for RETAIL as some guys are saying. NO WAY. Read some older posts to find out why.
Yes this is a better sculpt than other gems no question because I'm a Harbottle fan as well. But remember it's not only which is the better sculpt sometimes. People want things that needs a void to be filled and also for sentimental value. So some will keep both. I'm keeping my xm mags because it's xm first masterpiece which is how I found xm. I did pay 3500.00ish for him with a custom jim lee head. But he looks so fun and exciting to hold on in my collection even though Harbottle and Steve Schumacher will always be my top talents in everything they do and is always be my favorites pieces.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #6458
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Guys, write it down..
Done.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #6459
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
GD He looks incredible! And from what I was told, this is a production piece, too!
May I ask where you heard that? Honest question.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #6460
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

How do they have a production piece six months before shipping?
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote