Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #51
nearmint
Phoenix

Now that the SS maquette has been announced, I need a better peek at P1's 1/3. I've only got room for one.

Actually, I don't have room for either one, but I'm only buying one!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #52
Sandman585
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Now that the SS maquette has been announced, I need a better peek at P1's 1/3. I've only got room for one.

Actually, I don't have room for either one, but I'm only buying one!
agreed they need to release some pics
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:06 PM   #53
craigcliff1
Zot

I would think would be at Wonder Fest. 7/30
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #54
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Exactly. I'll pick one. Must see both.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #55
Sandman585
Hydra

Wow we need to see this one now that SS reveled theirs
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #56
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
Wow we need to see this one now that SS reveled theirs
Yeah - hopefully they reveal it soon. I'd still want to wait for a production sample from Sideshow before preordering regardless - the variation on the final quality of the production statues is just unacceptable nowadays now that companies like P1 and XM are delivering collectibles that seem to be as good or sometimes even better than the prototypes.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #57
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Yeah - hopefully they reveal it soon. I'd still want to wait for a production sample from Sideshow before preordering regardless - the variation on the final quality of the production statues is just unacceptable nowadays now that companies like P1 and XM are delivering collectibles that seem to be as good or sometimes even better than the prototypes.
I agree more on a quality control front than an artistic one, but I'm in the same boat regarding my hesitance to pre-order unless the exclusive is essential. To be fair, XM misfires from the prototype stage on occasion and, even after listening to feedback (which SSC doesn't and I don't begrudge them when their pieces sell-out regardless), sometimes turns out a similarly lacking production piece, especially the females.

The only way SSC will be able to deliver prototype quality is if they have the factories produce the prototypes or if their in-house master painters, like Kate Sapene and Casey Love, take time from their bust schedules to train the factories, which will probably lead to fewer releases and lower edition sizes than a company of SSC's juggernaut status or their license holders would find acceptable.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #58
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I agree more on a quality control front than an artistic one, but I'm in the same boat regarding my hesitance to pre-order unless the exclusive is essential. To be fair, XM misfires from the prototype stage on occasion and, even after listening to feedback (which SSC doesn't and I don't begrudge them when their pieces sell-out regardless), sometimes turns out a similarly lacking production piece, especially the females.

The only way SSC will be able to deliver prototype quality is if they have the factories produce the prototypes or if their in-house master painters, like Kate Sapene and Casey Love, take time from their bust schedules to train the factories, which will probably lead to fewer releases and lower edition sizes than a company of SSC's juggernaut status or their license holders would find acceptable.
Yeah, I'm just referring to quality control; the uncertainty in final quality has become the main reason why I've essentially stopped buying Sideshow statues after being burned a few too many times over the years.

In fairness I don't yet own any P1 or XM pieces to compare the quality first-hand, so maybe I'm being a bit unfair; I should be receiving my first P1 piece in Geralt in 1-2 months though, and I'll be really eager to see if there is an appreciable difference in the final product vs. the prototype.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #59
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Lets go Prime One...Time to put up some pix. You ain't got a Thing if your Thing got no swing
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #60
SONICobra
Batman

false thread bump...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote