Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
halfmonkey
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

eFX Darth Vader Legend vs Limited Edition

Hi. I'm def late to the story as I didn't even know these were being released (or Legend edition already released). They look so sweet but when I visited eFX's website, I see that there are two versions of the helmut. I can't seem to figure out what the difference is and I can't say that I've found anything here to specifically say what the difference is between the two versions. Can someone explain to me what the differences are between the Legend and the Limited Editions are? It seems the Limited Edition has about 1000 copies whereas the Legend Edition has about 250 copies.

Thanks.
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

the legend is a movie accurate version.. with all the banged up scrapes and imperfections as the original helmet. including the brushed on paint application..the limited version is a more idealized version of the helmet without all of the scrapes and imperfections as the original. and has a smooth sprayed on paint application rather than the brushed on application as the original. so legendary looks exactly (or as accurate as possible) like it did in the movie..and the limited is a more idealized cleaner look not seen in the movie.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
halfmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
the legend is a movie accurate version.. with all the banged up scrapes and imperfections as the original helmet. including the brushed on paint application..the limited version is a more idealized version of the helmet without all of the scrapes and imperfections as the original. and has a smooth sprayed on paint application rather than the brushed on application as the original. so legendary looks exactly (or as accurate as possible) like it did in the movie..and the limited is a more idealized cleaner look not seen in the movie.
Thanks a bunch for the quick response! So basically, I can pay $200 more for a "banged up" version.

Hard to say which version I would want but I'd probably want the more idealized version as it would "appear" to be in better condition when displayed rather than seeing something that was "banged up" on purpose even though it more accurately represents what was shown on film.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
Thanks a bunch for the quick response! So basically, I can pay $200 more for a "banged up" version.

Hard to say which version I would want but I'd probably want the more idealized version as it would "appear" to be in better condition when displayed rather than seeing something that was "banged up" on purpose even though it more accurately represents what was shown on film.
well what you have to realize is that these helmets were derived from the exact molds used for the film. so all the dings and dents and imperfections come directly form the filmed used mold as seen in the film.. other words..the film used helmet had all the dings and dents and imperfections and paint application that the Legend has. so most collectors such as my self want film or screen accurate props from a film. specially if it derives directly form the mold it came from. the Limited has been altered to make it look idealized or flawless if you will. not seen in the film. so by them altering the looks of the helmet they altered the value of the helmet. that's why its 200 dollars less. a good example is this...lets say you have a very old antique. a civil war piece. and it has a patina to it. example,,dings dents scratches oxidization so on so forth. if you try to have it altered so it looks brand new or cleaned up to look perfect "idealized" it takes away from the value of the antique dramatically. so this is the reason why the legend costs more than the limited. because the legend is film accurate and the limited is not. plus im sure eFX knew that the legend would be more sought after than the limited due to the fact it is film accurate. and that more than likely the reason for the price differences..
Old 04-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
halfmonkey

I certainly understand your pov on this and agree that for some, they want the most exact reproduction possible as it was used on the film set. Then there are those that want the best reproduction possible in the "best" condition.

Unfortunately, in this case it appears that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on the Lengends Edition even if I wanted it but I might be able to a Limited Edition so I could "settle" for that.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
DynamicMenace

yes that's true..its all on preference. and what you like the looks of best. im sure you can find what your looking for. you just might have to pay more for it seems how they are all sold out. there is a limited version up on ebay right now. here is the link,, http://www.ebay.com/itm/EFX-ANH-Dart...item27c3bf3d55
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
ROM
Frackin!

They're still available at BBTS at a fair price:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...18&mode=retail
ROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
DynamicMenace

aahh yes good ol BBTS..good eye ROM..
Old 04-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #10
FROBAY
Phoenix

REFORD FILMS has them up still with free shipping.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote