Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-06-2017, 11:59 PM   #241
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks good and sexy overall but I don't remember Storm having an exposed back in this costume. The base is also similar to the bishoujo storm base.. whirlwind effect.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:44 AM   #242
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Looks good and sexy overall but I don't remember Storm having an exposed back in this costume. The base is also similar to the bishoujo storm base.. whirlwind effect.
XM usually adds their own touches to all the Marvel characters. So while they are comic focused...they are allowed liberties on costume design.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #243
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
To each their own, but how/why do you think her face is ugly? Do you think the SS Storm PF is ugly?

Do you think Angela Bassett is ugly? I see a lot of Ms. Bassett in this portrait. And I love it.
Yeah I don't think this portrait is ugly by any means!! Is it the most beautiful in the world maybe not but it's still really good and this is one of coolest and most dynamic stork pieces to date!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #244
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Maybe not ugly, but it's not how you picture Storm from the comic book.
You are right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not see angela bassett in this sculpt. I love angela bassett. And I didn't like the face SS used on their Storm, which is why I didn't purchase her.
Makes total sense. This statue and the SS have similar faces, too.

The thing with Storm is so many artist draw her face differently. In the era of Lee and before, her "exotic" look was shown through her eyes and sometimes cheekbones (Byrne art all day!). In current artist, they like to draw her with all stronger features -- fuller lips, even higher cheekbones, etc.

Now a days she looks less like a white chick with dark skin (ya know, like Artgerm draws her). This portrait slightly channels David Yardin, who IMO, draws a STUNNING Ororo. I love anything that man draws.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #245
iceprince_x
Deadman

I like the hair of this custom toy work... Not crazily moving but has enough movement to create a dramatic piece... Face is great to match that big framed body.

http://mightymega.com/2016/04/01/loo...action-figure/
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #246
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah I don't think this portrait is ugly by any means!! Is it the most beautiful in the world maybe not but it's still really good and this is one of coolest and most dynamic stork pieces to date!!

Sarah
I agree this stork piece is amazing .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #247
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I dont really see the problem with the color but I understand the argument both ways. I would love to buy this statue either way (white or silver). The only thing that concerns me is the tornado color. I think it needs to be changed because it blends to much with her costume and may even more so if they go with a silver color and I want to see Storm pop and the base to be secondary.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #248
grphyx1
Kingpin

IMO regarding XM's female faces (Magdalena not included), they almost look like the sculptor cannot decide whether to go full cartoon or realistic, so there is this weird hybrid. It usually manifest in the eyebrow area and just throws the whole face off. The male faces don't really suffer from that.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #249
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
I like the hair of this custom toy work... Not crazily moving but has enough movement to create a dramatic piece... Face is great to match that big framed body.

http://mightymega.com/2016/04/01/loo...action-figure/
I'm with you. And that action figure has a great hair style. I like when she is channeling her powers but has calmer hair. It proves the point that SHE controls the weather, it doesn't effect her. A light, calm wave to her hair is how Storm has always been drawn.

BUT if I'm going to make a stand on a point -- it's going to be the suit color. I have to pick my battles and that's the one I'm falling on my sword for.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #250
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Sure there should be some minor tweaking, but overall I love it. The body is banging, and costume and color works for me, and her face is far from ugly. Keep as is and I'm fine with it.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote