Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #1241
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Both of those are I must have gotten my wires crossed.

Ok - in hand review. I’ve got her set up where Jean was. Took some positioning, but she fits. Negative is that she won’t fit there with her hands up/far back cape. Positive, I didn’t want her displayed that way anyway. The down arms/cape and wrecking shop face looks as great as I knew it would!

The statue is beautifully painted per usual. Skin tone is perfection. My shoulders pads (left vs right) on both sets of arms must have been painted by two different people because the shading isn’t the same. Duller and less definition betwen both sets, but nothing to get uppity about.

Her hair is no where near as white as it should be. I’m sorry, it’s just not. It’s very gray. Next to the SS Storm, it’s very noticeable. I may have it repainted in the future. It really goes to show how the suit and hair colors should have been swapped. Would have looks amazing!

I still don’t love the chains, but didn’t have the tools to remove them. So there they stay . Also the left cape doesn’t sit totally flush with her body, but you can’t see that from her display angle.

Sorry for the crap pics. My geek room doesn’t have a ton of light bc I also play my video games in here and don’t want too much glare. When I get my Yardin commission I’m going to put it above this statue case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05D5633C-D3C5-4241-A80F-9168A58AC5E1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	120410   Click image for larger version

Name:	B8E1DC2B-D119-47AD-9D68-254D85A8A3E6.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	120411  
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #1242
built2shred
Phoenix

The only thing that kind of kills the old SS Storm is the fabric cape, if that had been sculpted it would look so much better... still a great statue...

Yeah the only mistake XM made on Storm was that add on piece of the Tornado, I don't know what they were thinking, usually they don't make mistakes like that...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #1243
SDguy

Double wrapping the chains makes them less of a deal, at least IMO. I would do that before removing them.... YMMV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190118_201936.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	120413   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_181946-1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	120414  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #1244
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I messaged XM on FB about the seams on Storm and Dark Phoenix. I await to see what they say.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:01 AM   #1245
MikeandElio
Frackin!

I just got my Storm in and I really want to thank Cali604/Pram Badyal. Pram was amazing with coming through for me and I HIGHLY recommend him for anyone that needs help getting an XM piece. I still can't thank him enough for this. Storm is my favorite comic character and this is the Storm statue to end all Storm statues.

My Storm only had two minor hair breaks. One on each head but the breaks were small, clean and not very noticeable. I repaired them with a little glue but like I said you couldn't really tell anyway. The main issue I have is with chains, they don't match the same gold color of the rings that they are attached to and the rings match the paint color so well. It's just a little off putting but I will fit that this week.
MikeandElio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:31 AM   #1246
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Got my storm in today after a bit of a heart attack because DHL delivered her to a house 2 blocks over. The nice neighbor came to my house and let me know I had a package on her front doorstep that was to heavy for her to move. Thanks again to Parm/cali for hooking my up with my storm.

She is beautiful and every aspect of her is stunning. My wife loves her and she doesn't care about any statue I get. Had a small break on the hair for the stern portrait, laughing portrait had no breaks. XM really crushed it with this sculpt!! Now I have to decide how I want to display her because the biggest suprise was how perfect the laughing portrait is. Her mouth is done perfectly, never seen teeth look so amazing on a statue.

Only have pics of the single setup so far. I'll have to change her around tomorrow to see what I like best. Neck seem looks good to me and her chains were easy enough to double wrap so they aren't hanging.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190125_195558.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	120418   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190125_195738.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	120419   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190125_195830.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	120420   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190125_200221.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	120421   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190125_200408.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	120422  

Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #1247
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
That tornado piece looks like SS «-don’t care-» quality, it looks really bad...
I assume someone will make a custom piece, knowing EVERY purchaser of XM Storm would buy it
Old 01-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #1248
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I assume someone will make a custom piece, knowing EVERY purchaser of XM Storm would buy it
XM should redo that piece and send it out to their customers... the seam would be less noticeable if the textures matched up, it goes from a rough texture to being all smooth at the seam line making it even more noticeable.

I'm just puzzled what the guys at XM were thinking given most collectors are going to pose the base with the seam out in front. Just seams like something an amateur sculptor would do.

I'm also disappointed XM didn't test the packaging better, there seems to be a lot of collectors are getting broken hair pieces... remember the days when they would test their packaging by throwing the box down a flight of stairs with the statue in it to determine if the packaging was good...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #1249
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM should redo that piece and send it out to their customers... the seam would be less noticeable if the textures matched up, it goes from a rough texture to being all smooth at the seam line making it even more noticeable.

I'm just puzzled what the guys at XM were thinking given most collectors are going to pose the base with the seam out in front. Just seams like something an amateur sculptor would do.

I'm also disappointed XM didn't test the packaging better, there seems to be a lot of collectors are getting broken hair pieces... remember the days when they would test their packaging by throwing the box down a flight of stairs with the statue in it to determine if the packaging was good...
Agreed,

To be fair, both heads were packaged very nicely for my Storm. I think the issue maybe that the people packing them turned them in the wrong direction. Even though my storm head had all sorts of wrapping and foam blocks, non of them were between the hair and the styrofoam. In fact, the styrofoam has grooves from where the hair moved against it. I even looked for the broken piece in the styrofoam. They should have put some black foam between the hair and the styrofoam.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #1250
Demona
Martian Manhunter

ITA with the teeth perfection. I’ve never seen such attention to detail on teeth!

And yes, thank you Cali!!