Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #741
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Absolutely. He's an amazing piece, I just can't justify the price for a character I'm ambivalent toward.

But, smart man, I totally foresee his price going up after the movie drops and $1,250 is the lowest I've personally ever seen him.
I don’t blame you. We are at the point now where if you don’t really like the character, it’s not worth getting with these prices. Next up on my wish list is to find a decent price on Venom. I have the Prime 1 on pre order but I can’t stop thinking about the XM one. I need both!
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #742
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don’t blame you. We are at the point now where if you don’t really like the character, it’s not worth getting with these prices. Next up on my wish list is to find a decent price on Venom. I have the Prime 1 on pre order but I can’t stop thinking about the XM one. I need both!
Cheapest I saw on him was $1,100 about three months ago. Prices lately have been hovering around $1,400+

I love Venom though, so would pay that for Venom where I wouldn't pay it for Cable
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #743
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Cheapest I saw on him was $1,100 about three months ago. Prices lately have been hovering around $1,400+

I love Venom though, so would pay that for Venom where I wouldn't pay it for Cable
If I seen that I would have jumped on him for $1100! Do you remember if it was brand new? I’ve been looking and one just sold for $1400 on one of the Facebook groups. I’m the opposite of that, I would have paid that much for Cable and not Venom just because there is no 1/4 Cable and I’m a huge XMen fan. I love Venom as well but I know he won’t stay at $1400. He’s going to start coming down in price, the closer Prime 1 comes to their release, which unfortunately got pushed back.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #744
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
If I seen that I would have jumped on him for $1100! Do you remember if it was brand new? I’ve been looking and one just sold for $1400 on one of the Facebook groups. I’m the opposite of that, I would have paid that much for Cable and not Venom just because there is no 1/4 Cable and I’m a huge XMen fan. I love Venom as well but I know he won’t stay at $1400. He’s going to start coming down in price, the closer Prime 1 comes to their release, which unfortunately got pushed back.
No, it was displayed. It went in like .05 seconds too. It quite literally sold before I even spent a minute thinking of if I wanted to PM the seller. LOL.

Most hover around the $1,400-1,500 range. I ended up going with the Sideshow EX. I thought I wasn't going to like it much at first, but it's actually a phenomenal piece in person (minus the smoke on the base).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #745
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
No, it was displayed. It went in like .05 seconds too. It quite literally sold before I even spent a minute thinking of if I wanted to PM the seller. LOL.

Most hover around the $1,400-1,500 range. I ended up going with the Sideshow EX. I thought I wasn't going to like it much at first, but it's actually a phenomenal piece in person (minus the smoke on the base).
I figured lol. I try to get brand new as often as possible. Yeah that’s the price I’ve been seeing. I might get it within a month or two. I’ve been spending a lot and I have 3 pre orders coming very soon between XM Weapon X, Iron Studios Batman 1/3 and Wolverine vs Juggernaut diorama so Venom is pushed back a little on my priorities. I like the Sideshow Venom, I actually like the skin texture, I know some don’t. I don’t know why sideshow decided to go with a smoke base theme when it doesn’t fit every character but that does take away from it a bit. I think the teeth look excellent on the statue too which is overlooked. I probably would have bought it, if XM Venom and Prime 1 didn’t exist.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #746
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Cable retailed for approximately $750. Even with shipping added in, $1,400 is nowhere near retail.
I alway equate cost to Cdn conversion. SGD virtually equal Cdm $ plus shipping and taxes and duty. Costing about $1600 cdn. Almost $1300 US.

Buying it second hand I can skip out out on taxes and duty. I still wouldn't buy Cable though, can't stand him. Beautiful statue, but to me, a stupid character.

Quote:
Quote:

Now that is a good price for Venom. I would buy it if I saw it for that.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #747
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from PixelPerfect at STGCC 2017

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #748
Y3E
Gen 13

Just beautiful. This has to be my favorite XM statue.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #749
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Definitely the Storm to own.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #750
Y3E
Gen 13

I"m hoping for a Canuck sale in the aftermarket