Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #391
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

MHO morrigan eyes on this and it was grail but god I hate that word
In a way decapre is still best but, imagine a removable mask me wanna see scar
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #392
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I would prefer the current one to that :P

edit: To expand the features definitely are soft instead of sharp imo. All round edges where there should be some harder edges. Even decapre's mask which is supposed to have hard angles is smoothed out! And I'm not looking for realistic. SF has a very anime look to it, especially the older more beloved games and the artwork and I want that. This decapre figures doesn't look realistic to me but it looks great, and even for it's small size has nice details and sharp features

Not really used to anything that great from SS :P As for prime 1 their SF statues don't wow me at all. Ryu looks a lot more western looking which it sounds like is your preference but I doesn't look like the ryu I know. I'm not much of a ryu fan though, but it certainly doesn't wow me. I don't like Akumas new look so their akuma is already a hard sell, and the base looks cool but the way he's standing on it doesn't to me, adding to that there his legs and especially feet just look weird as hell. The only one that impressed me was Ken which looked amazing, but I'm not really a big ken fan either.

I've been plenty happy with the past 1:3 SF statues and I am eagerly awaiting my Sagat EVO set as he looks awesome. For this one though I think it's their weakest one yet. I've always ordered the full set of every 1:3 in the past, but unless it's very reasonably priced I don't see myself doing that for Cammy here. Make that MM a bit tighter and thinner (or don't use it for this as I know that's hard) and fix up the face with some more details and some actual edges instead of smoothing everywhere and this piece would look a lot better to me.

That's a nice Decapre statue. I have the classic blue and the red variant. I recommend it to anyone interested, however I don't think its worth $400+ some people are asking for it now that it's long sold out.

Keep in mind it's made out of PVC and the portrait is just under 1.5 inch in size.

Also the photos posted by PCS are going to look soft because thay are low resolution. 150kb photo is going to look soft.

EDIT:
Until the full reveal for Decapre my only wants would be...

Add the damage to the mask.
Add the visible scare under the corner of the mask.
LED light up red eyes.
Swap out un-masked scared portrait.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:31 PM   #393
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
That's a nice Decapre statue. I have the classic blue and the red variant. I recommend it to anyone interested, however I don't think its worth $400+ some people are asking for it now that it's long sold out.

Keep in mind it's made out of PVC and the portrait is just under 1.5 inch in size.

Also the photos posted by PCS are going to look soft because thay are low resolution. 150kb photo is going to look soft.

EDIT:

LED light up red eyes.
Nice wants, agreed!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #394
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post

EDIT:

LED light up red eyes.
I can attribute a lot of things to poor pictures, but all those rounded edges aren't going to look any less round in high res photos ;p This just isn't a lean cammy
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #395
kansas
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Please take us to L.E.D city
Glowing cybernetic red eyes,
with the Psycho Stinger illuminating
a beautiful hot pink fluorescence.

&&&xFINGERS CROSSEDx&&&

kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #396
qz33
Rescue

^YES!

EDIT: Diff pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	83643778_478249396128056_7011911230108189538_n.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	128328
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #397
qz33
Rescue

And I think this has a pretty face even though it may not be how she is usually illustrated and how many envision her. Wonder if they used game data for her face like with Ryu?
PCS had a pretty good 3D modeler doing that stuff with Ryu and Chun-li. Justin McMillan I think?
Old 01-27-2020, 06:31 PM   #398
dao2
Cyclops

Setting it up for leds is a bit of change though, you'd have to make sure the entire body is hollow all the way through for electrics and can have stuff fed through it, not easy peasy ;p Personally don't care for led... Never gonna use it.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:14 AM   #399
qz33
Rescue

Yeah but we still hopin' cause for most folks other than Kansas Decapre's gonna be a disappointment with this pose and a repeat sculpt.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:54 AM   #400
dao2
Cyclops

Eh, they should know the name of the game now, it's the only way to get a 1:3 decapre :P