Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-21-2016, 02:55 AM   #271
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco View Post
It's going to be a tough choice on getting this or not!

No space and its big! There might be a 1/4 scale out next year by someone else!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:21 AM   #272
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

Where and when can I order this?? The Prime One website is all in Japanese and won't translate. How much is this gonna be?
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:25 AM   #273
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT View Post
Where and when can I order this?? The Prime One website is all in Japanese and won't translate. How much is this gonna be?
Youll have to wait for it to PO thru SS.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:28 AM   #274
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

Thanks!
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #275
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

absolute show stopper this, u shouldnt or need any other 1/3 piece near this ,, everything else will look like clutter,, this stands out alone.. well apart from a FM 1/3 Superman of course
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:20 AM   #276
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
absolute show stopper this, u shouldnt or need any other 1/3 piece near this ,, everything else will look like clutter,, this stands out alone.. well apart from a FM 1/3 Superman of course
Yeah this guy is getting his own pedestal under my DKIII promo poster.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:53 AM   #277
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Indeed it looks great, but it hardly reminds me of Miller's Batman. I am huge fan of the comic book and was patiently waiting for this piece. I'd say this Statue is actually a P1's adaptation of the comic, giving us a twisted rendering of the character. Bats scarcely appears as bruised with deep lacerations and mauled from top to bottom in the comic book pages.

The brutal and savage nature of the comic is evident in the statue's presence, but way overdone. We are all aware that P1 prones to adding weathering detail, but in this case it's out of proportion, at least to me.
I look at Bat's face and strictly reminds me of a possesed demon!! Probably an extra head will improve that. I think many fans would prefer a standard, rather than the mangled version

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:57 AM   #278
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow! Best prime 1 bats so far!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #279
Sandman585
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Indeed it looks great, but it hardly reminds me of Miller's Batman. I am huge fan of the comic book and was patiently waiting for this piece. I'd say this Statue is actually a P1's adaptation of the comic, giving us a twisted rendering of the character. Bats scarcely appears as bruised with deep lacerations and mauled from top to bottom in the comic book pages.

The brutal and savage nature of the comic is evident in the statue's presence, but way overdone. We are all aware that P1 prones to adding weathering detail, but in this case it's out of proportion, at least to me.
I look at Bat's face and strictly reminds me of a possesed demon!! Probably an extra head will improve that. I think many fans would prefer a standard, rather than the mangled version

I too was a bit surprised he was so battle damaged when I first saw it. I would have probably preferred a bit of a cleaner statue as well like you had mentioned but overall this is not stopping me from getting this as I think it is a great piece. As was mentioned before in this thread if you think of the cover of issue #2 you know the toll the battle takes on him.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #280
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I am so happy I did not buy any P1 batman in hopes for miller and lee and I choose well its seems, Origin bats is better for Deathstroke then the noel one, aside from the base
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote