Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
rofa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Comics america store

Hello,

Im from the netherlands and i wanted to order a statue from this store (comics america) and for payment they send me a mail and requested that i send a copy of the front and backside of my creditcard?
Anyone knows this store?
Is this something i can do,sending the copys or this not wise.

Hoping for some advice.

Greetings Ronald
rofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
rofa

This is what they tell me?

Hi Ronald:

The reason for the scan is because frankly we have in the past been burned by folks using other people's credit card numbers. So we instituted this rule to establish identity of the cardholder. The scans are encrypted and stored that way so there is no danger of unauthorized persons getting their hands on the info and it only has to be done once to establish ownership of the card.

Our attitude is that someone who has the card will not have a problem with this. This isn't to insinuate anything about any one individual, but the policy has prevented some obvious problems, and from our perspective it's okay. We've even insisted on this from folks who are domestically located and have third party shipment addresses, which can indicate problems as well.....especially the ones which are obviously unable to spell English words.....you would not believe it, but I digress.

The statue is here and ready to be put up for shipment which will take place as soon as that scan is received. If you deign not to send it, then there will be no hard feelings on our part as we understand, and we hope you feel the same. It's security for everyone.

I hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Joe
Old 12-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
rofa

http://www.comicsamerica.com/maestro-statue-09-09-1407/
Old 12-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I know little about them unfortunately.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

no idea in terms of how reputable they are...but many online merchants nowadays are requesting a copy of the front/back of you CC prior to your first large purchase (especially if you are an out of country shopper)

Sideshow made me send them a copy on my first statue pre-order as did the jeweller I bought my then fiancee's (now wife) engagement ring

once again though, never bought off this "comics america" place but copies for out of country buyers seems to be getting more and more common in my experience
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote