Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #361
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Spec Fiction. The guy who runs it is awesome.
Would recommend him as well. Todd seems like a good guy and he's got a good rep here from what I've seen. Just POd a couple of XM pieces from him recently.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:55 PM   #362
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just unboxed my BRB and I was blown away. This is my first XM piece. I've been collecting for over 10 years and I've never seen a statue packaged this way. Nobody comes close. The box is like a coffin. It's a really thick and solid box. The corners are reinforced. The Styrofoam is the best I've seen. Freaking Velcro straps to hold the Styrofoam together. Again I was blown away at the packaging. Also I appreciated the book showing how to assemble the statue.... And the little art print was a nice touch. The statue was flawless as well. No defects whatsoever. I would definitely buy another XM statue.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #363
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I just unboxed my BRB and I was blown away. This is my first XM piece. I've been collecting for over 10 years and I've never seen a statue packaged this way. Nobody comes close. The box is like a coffin. It's a really thick and solid box. The corners are reinforced. The Styrofoam is the best I've seen. Freaking Velcro straps to hold the Styrofoam together. Again I was blown away at the packaging. Also I appreciated the book showing how to assemble the statue.... And the little art print was a nice touch. The statue was flawless as well. No defects whatsoever. I would definitely buy another XM statue.
Great 1st experience, congrats.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #364
chronos1919
Nightwing

I've never owned an XM statue but have seen the packaging and wish other companies would take note. It should be the industry standard.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:12 PM   #365
Mister H
Gen 13

BRB is probably XM’s best. Top 3 at the very least.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #366
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm still blown away at the box and Styrofoam on this piece. The Velcro straps holding it together is just icing on the cake. The statue is incredible but man that packaging. Are all XM pieces packed that way?
Old 11-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #367
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I'm still blown away at the box and Styrofoam on this piece. The Velcro straps holding it together is just icing on the cake. The statue is incredible but man that packaging. Are all XM pieces packed that way?
Yes.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #368
Puni
Birdman

yes. i was really impressed as well, when i received my first xm statue (scorpion). the Hulkbuster is packed like this as well ... but with much much bigger boxes
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #369
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Quote:
People can say what they want about the statues but going from opening an XM box back to opening a Sideshow box every time has me like “ugh!”. Lol. XM’s packaging is a whole experience and gift itself.

Congrats on your new statue though!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #370
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
People can say what they want about the statues but going from opening an XM box back to opening a Sideshow box every time has me like “ugh!”. Lol. XM’s packaging is a whole experience and gift itself.

Congrats on your new statue though!
Absolutely. Just the Styrofoam alone is a million times better than Sideshow. For the money SS charges their packaging should be at the minimum the same as XM. Honestly it should be better.

I might buy Doc Ock or Vulture.