Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #341
Vallos
Jubilee

Indeed. It was such a fun show. It reminded me of Heavy Metal (1981 movie) in content a great deal.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #342
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think the key with this line, like any other, will be to keep up the momentum and to capitalise on the earlier excitement the new fan base is showing.

While I don't necessarily think that this will happen, there is a danger these products will lose their relevance in a maerket filled with shiny things. That said, Gentle Giant need to pitch these at the right time so that they are not conflicting for collectors $$ against products released at the same time that will be (on a whole) more desirable to the wider collecting community.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #343
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
They're gonna do an animated series on cartoon network!
See. Now, this is how rumors get started. I will neither confirm nor deny any meetings with potential outside collaborators to bring Honey Trap to new mediums.

However, one could say that hypothetically, *if* we were being courted by several different companies interested in working with us on, say, a Honey Trap comic book, animated series or movie, we wouldn't go about revealing the backstory we've created yet until we've finalized a deal with said new partner(s) and incorporated their input. No sense in starting one story just to potentially have to go back and change things. Retconning is no fun. Just ask DC about the New 52.
Rogue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #344
TheAnswerMVP
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue01 View Post
See. Now, this is how rumors get started. I will neither confirm nor deny any meetings with potential outside collaborators to bring Honey Trap to new mediums.

However, one could say that hypothetically, *if* we were being courted by several different companies interested in working with us on, say, a Honey Trap comic book, animated series or movie, we wouldn't go about revealing the backstory we've created yet until we've finalized a deal with said new partner(s) and incorporated their input. No sense in starting one story just to potentially have to go back and change things. Retconning is no fun. Just ask DC about the New 52.
People just want to know a time frame on when we'll get some pre-order info on these. Is that going to be when you've finalized a deal for some sort of alternate media series or when that series is actually released? If these won't be up for pre-order until something is actually produced, it seems to me we could be looking at years until anyone has anything in hand! So surely that's something you can tell us without giving anything away. Will we have any ordering info this year, or is it going to be a year+ before anything is available for pre-order?
TheAnswerMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #345
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
we wouldn't go about revealing the backstory we've created yet until we've finalized a deal with said new partner(s) and incorporated their input.
Yeah but that is only if the partner's input is good. Besides, creatively whatever deal shouldn't be changing the backstory. At least to me. You start making product at that point. For example, if a company says that Whisper's tattoo is too risque for a comic or show and it gets changed.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #346
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Gentle Giant needs to aim their marketing of these statues very thoughtfully so as to maximize potential orders which would translate to higher per item maximization of bottom line profit ratio.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:19 AM   #347
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:

I follow you train of thought, but all the collectors are asking for is some sort of confirmation on whether GG is going to set them up for PO this year or early 2013. If not we can extract a bigger scheme ourselfs without GG revealing their plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Gentle Giant needs to aim their marketing of these statues very thoughtfully so as to maximize potential orders which would translate to higher per item maximization of bottom line profit ratio.
You got that from business hour? Why would GG dance around Sideshow releases? I for one would find the Honey trap girls far more interesting than any Marvel release by Sideshow. So no conflict there imho. And by doing so GG would openly confirm that they're a lesser company than Sideshow. Whilst they're not btw. So the sooner the better and let Sideshow have some competition. A saturated market makes for lower prices on both ends. (Oeh, was that a piece of business hour aswell? Omg the wisdom!)
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #348
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:

interesting post
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #349
riky
Mephisto

Agree to disagree.
Price and expected delivery date (that will change and that's fine) is the only info I need.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #350
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

Madness, is this going to be another Two Years before anyone will be able to see said pieces added to there Collections? because of dragging feet on behalf of GG or it's subcideraries, someone had to have had a clue that the Honey Trap Line would generate much anticipated interest amoung male adult collectors and some female.
I don't buy the policy excuse.
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote