Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-19-2020, 12:46 AM   #241
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Review and good pictures shared on FB Statue Collectors group by Greg Mazzola.

"Got in the XM Aquaman 1/6 statue today. It’s my 19th XM statue with many more coming. There was 700 of these made. The box is very big for a 1/6 statue. It’s taller than XM Cyclops box but shorter in length. It feels like a 1/4 box. There is 10 pieces to this statue and it’s very easy to assemble. There is also two switch out heads. The collectors card that comes with it, I once again did not receive. It’s suppose to be the first 30% that order but I’m guessing that means for the XM website and not distributors. Art prints also do not come with 1/6 statues. There was no breakages as usual and everything keyed together very nicely. The dimensions on the statue can vary due to the trident being able to move up and down so they are about 20” H, 10” W, 14” D

As for the statue, it’s well done. The base is a very small footprint. The coral and algae all look good. I do think they could have picked a more colorful fish. Maybe like clown triggerfish. The pillars on the base look really really good. They were painted and sculpted incredible. The cracks in it look great and it looks like it’s been underwater for a while. The seahorse is very good as well. I like the blue and purple paint mixture they used for it. The seahorse has like a dragon vibe to him. The armor looks a bit worn which is a nice touch. Aquaman’s texture and paint on his outfit are all strong. The head sculpts are very good. The eyes are well done for a 1/6 piece. The only thing I can critique about the head sculpts is that I think the hair could have been sculpted a bit better more specifically on the bearded head. Same goes for the beard itself. It could have used a bit more detail. The shaved portraits hair looks a lot better. Overall it’s a strong piece in the 1/6 line and a cool Aquaman statue in which there aren’t many."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592460246399.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	131177   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592541623438.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	131178   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592460220279.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	131179   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592541613060.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	131180   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592541615469.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	131181  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592541601911.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	131182   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592541604522.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	131183   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592541610019.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	131184   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592460239453.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	131185   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1592460243389.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	131186  

onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:55 AM   #242
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
That setup is sweet. When I saw all those at 2018 Denver con I would have liked to have them all but settled on the Flash as I haven’t seen a Flash I’ve cared for and the XM 1/6 was the closest one I’ve liked so ordered it at the con. Only other one I’ll probably get is the Supergirl 1/6. Best Supergirl statue IMO.
Thx...

Yeah, I agree these are probably the best Aquaman and Supergirl I've seen so far regardless of scale... I think Supergirl will help make Superman look a bit better when they're side by side... Can't wait to get her and Mera to go with Aquaman... I like that XM is giving a lot of the statue's companion pieces... It makes for better displays since their bases match...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #243
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixth View Post
Review and good pictures shared on FB Statue Collectors group by Greg Mazzola.

"Got in the XM Aquaman 1/6 statue today. It’s my 19th XM statue with many more coming. There was 700 of these made. The box is very big for a 1/6 statue. It’s taller than XM Cyclops box but shorter in length. It feels like a 1/4 box. There is 10 pieces to this statue and it’s very easy to assemble. There is also two switch out heads. The collectors card that comes with it, I once again did not receive. It’s suppose to be the first 30% that order but I’m guessing that means for the XM website and not distributors. Art prints also do not come with 1/6 statues. There was no breakages as usual and everything keyed together very nicely. The dimensions on the statue can vary due to the trident being able to move up and down so they are about 20” H, 10” W, 14” D

As for the statue, it’s well done. The base is a very small footprint. The coral and algae all look good. I do think they could have picked a more colorful fish. Maybe like clown triggerfish. The pillars on the base look really really good. They were painted and sculpted incredible. The cracks in it look great and it looks like it’s been underwater for a while. The seahorse is very good as well. I like the blue and purple paint mixture they used for it. The seahorse has like a dragon vibe to him. The armor looks a bit worn which is a nice touch. Aquaman’s texture and paint on his outfit are all strong. The head sculpts are very good. The eyes are well done for a 1/6 piece. The only thing I can critique about the head sculpts is that I think the hair could have been sculpted a bit better more specifically on the bearded head. Same goes for the beard itself. It could have used a bit more detail. The shaved portraits hair looks a lot better. Overall it’s a strong piece in the 1/6 line and a cool Aquaman statue in which there aren’t many."
Thanks for the pics and the info. It looks great!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #244
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixth View Post
The collectors card that comes with it, I once again did not receive. It’s suppose to be the first 30% that order but I’m guessing that means for the XM website and not distributors.
Not necessarily, I got one with Cyclops and I ordered him through SpecFiction... It's probably just a random thing if you get lucky or not.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #245
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJG1 View Post
Aquaman (#44) has arrived from Spec Fiction

It looks great. I had no issue with the stirrups but the top fin of one of the fish was broken off in the box. I left the broken part in the box for now rather than trying a repair.

While the statue is big, it does unfortunately scale smaller than Tweeterhead. I have the XM 1/6 Wonder Woman on order but becuse of the scaling I will now stick to Tweeterhead for most 1/6 statues.

Here is my current DC statue shelf:

Aquaman scales better with the Yamato Hera and DC Designer Series Nightwing.
Well if it's smaller than Tweeterhead, one of them isn't true 1/6... is XM a bit small, or Tweeterhead a bit big? I don't have any XM 1/6 yet (Aquaman and Mera on preorder) but I do have Donna Troy and Martian Manhunter (with Starfire on preorder), but I'm OK with those 3 being a bit big since two are aliens and one's an Amazon
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #246
built2shred
Phoenix

XM and TH seem to be the same height wise, I think TH statues are just a bit thicker than XM's... The biggest difference between the two are details and art styles... XM is very detailed with a more realistic style where TH have simpler outfits and bases with a more cartoon style

Old 06-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #247
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I have XM Aquaman and Mera on preorder, but man I'm thinking I need that XM Flash too…
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #248
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Finally got around to taking some pictures. #063 has no breakage or paint issues that I can find. Thanks to built2shred for tips on putting it all together. I can see where I may have broken one of the stirrups if I hadn't read on here about how to place it all correctly. I was originally planning to display with the classic head but I like the underwater movement on his hair with the beard better personally. I may switch it up from time to time though.

1:6 size comparison with TH Superman.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #249
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Fantastic pics, he looks so good!

I too like the bearded portrait, suits him very well though I think both are nice.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #250
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Nice pictures!
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote