Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-30-2022, 10:22 PM   #121
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of high end collectors who can tell the difference just by touching/feeling it, from the smell, etc.
Also there's always possibilities of collectors/owners to bring it to a silicone expert to check it out.

Point is, the actual item is out there, so if Infinity studios lied about it, they will surely lost their credibility and there will be waves of WW bust owners who want their money back due to false statement from IS.

None of those happened, and they clearly confirmed it on public here in this forum that it's platinum silicone, so there's that.
Until I see someone post that they have actual proof or can tell the difference by looking at it you really have no idea. You are posting an opinion. They lied before so I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt. As much as you want it to be true does not make it so. They did a lot of these in house early on and later ones at a factory so there could even be both types used.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 10:38 PM   #122
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yes, it's my opinion against yours, I know.

Just saying, the actual product is out there for people to actually run a test on it. A legit material test.
I'll say it again: the actual product is out there for people to see and test it themselves.

Even worse if it's not actually platinum silicone, the competitors can just do a test on it and spread the horrifying truth to destroy Infinity Studios' reputation and get rid of their competitor once and for all.

But none of that has happened.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:19 PM   #123
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Yes, it's my opinion against yours, I know.

Just saying, the actual product is out there for people to actually run a test on it. A legit material test.
I'll say it again: the actual product is out there for people to see and test it themselves.

Even worse if it's not actually platinum silicone, the competitors can just do a test on it and spread the horrifying truth to destroy Infinity Studios' reputation and get rid of their competitor once and for all.

But none of that has happened.
As long as Danny is platinum silicone, who cares right
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:20 PM   #124
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Still not reading anything resembling proof or even an opinion of someone who actually knows. Come back when you have that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:11 AM   #125
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

At the end of the day, it comes down to trust. If someone feels unable to trust the companies statements - then don't buy the product.

No point asking for proof or evidence. No one is going to go through that procedure of material testing, and Infinity knows this.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:33 AM   #126
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Still not reading anything resembling proof or even an opinion of someone who actually knows. Come back when you have that.
Funny, because I don't feel or think that I need to proof it. I believe what Infinity Studios confirmed, and that is enough for me.

I'm just stating the logic here, that a company surely won't confirm something that is out there for people, especially competitors, to prove it wrong.
It will be a dumb move, especially that they are planning to keep making more silicone bust. They need to keep their credibility.. simple logic.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:13 AM   #127
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I don't imagine even competitors would deconstruct Infinity's products, as that would open a whole can of worms. In fact, the most likely outcome if a competitor did that, would be to cast doubt on the whole industry, thereby harming their own interests.

Let's face it, if Infinity can lie (and that's a strong possibility) - they all can. I'm not being "racist" or "regionist" (is that a thing?) - but we're talking about China and Chinese companies here. This is not a region known for it's business integrity. If Infinity were found to be lying, they'd shut up shop, and start again under a new company name - simple. No one outside China is going to chase these guys, at least not with the Support if the Chinese government.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:37 AM   #128
lighterheaven

If the competitors would do it, it won't be as their true identity. They would just pay a reviewer to point it out that IS claim is fake, and that's all it needs to ruin IS' credibilty.

Also, it's not that simple to start again under a new company name, as it's not easy to get the trust from big companies, especially Marvel to get their license.

The recent conversations with Inart just reveal that, how hard it is for them to get the MCU license. So IS won't do stupid things like that.. confirming something that will make them redo their company identities, try to get the big companies trust all over again, having to pay again for rights, etc. Much easier not confirming it, since the bust is sold out anyways and it will not hurt their sales if they don't confirm it anyways.
And maybe noone outside China is going to chase these guys, but it will be very difficult, almost impossible for them to get big companies trust back, as those big companies also knows who's behind IS, etc.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:17 AM   #129
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
If the competitors would do it, it won't be as their true identity. They would just pay a reviewer to point it out that IS claim is fake, and that's all it needs to ruin IS' credibilty.

Also, it's not that simple to start again under a new company name, as it's not easy to get the trust from big companies, especially Marvel to get their license.

The recent conversations with Inart just reveal that, how hard it is for them to get the MCU license. So IS won't do stupid things like that.. confirming something that will make them redo their company identities, try to get the big companies trust all over again, having to pay again for rights, etc. Much easier not confirming it, since the bust is sold out anyways and it will not hurt their sales if they don't confirm it anyways.
And maybe noone outside China is going to chase these guys, but it will be very difficult, almost impossible for them to get big companies trust back, as those big companies also knows who's behind IS, etc.
Great points

You're right, easy to start a new company, not so easy to build those bridges outside China.

Based on what you've stated, it seems like cutting corners using a sub standard material wouldn't be worth the risk - in the long run. I am tempted with the Selina Kyle bust (and I don't collect busts).....let's see.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:46 AM   #130
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Great points

You're right, easy to start a new company, not so easy to build those bridges outside China.

Based on what you've stated, it seems like cutting corners using a sub standard material wouldn't be worth the risk - in the long run. I am tempted with the Selina Kyle bust (and I don't collect busts).....let's see.
Yes, I believe they will try to maintain their credibility, I'm sure many Chinese companies aim to be as big as Hot Toys, and so far they did deliver. Their WW, Supes n Bats bust have positive reviews.

I don't collect busts myself, WW bust is my first one.. and you are correct.. the Selina Kyle bust is very very tempting indeed!