Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #191
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It’s all good. Had such high hopes this turned out close to the proto. Really want Silk but if she’s going to turn out like this no way.

My luck she’ll turn out great just to rub salt in this SG debacle.

On another note. Cant wait to see how the X-ladies turn out. That sh**storm’s going to be glorious if they turn out like Gal WW or SG.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #192
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post

On another note. Cant wait to see how the X-ladies turn out. That sh**storm’s going to be glorious if they turn out like Gal WW or SG.
I'm looking forward to reading this forum if rogue's start to topple over. Hopefully it doesn't though because i kinda wanna buy it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #193
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I'm looking forward to reading this forum if rogue's start to topple over. Hopefully it doesn't though because i kinda wanna buy it.
Me too. But, this time I won't be one of the guinea pigs (unlike the previous Rogue).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #194
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Okay, let me just say, I don't currently own any SS statues, but these photos make me extremely worried about my pre-orders for PF Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy. This production piece literally looks like it came from a different company. Did they save money when selecting a Chinese manufacturer and go with one of those ones that make recast anime figures for eBay???
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #195
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoard View Post
Okay, let me just say, I don't currently own any SS statues, but these photos make me extremely worried about my pre-orders for PF Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy. This production piece literally looks like it came from a different company. Did they save money when selecting a Chinese manufacturer and go with one of those ones that make recast anime figures for eBay???
Sideshow's actually been on a roll with their production pieces lately, this is one of their few duds. I also noticed that their DC statues are pretty good quality compared to their other statues for some reason, so I don't think you have much to worry about.

It's honestly shocking how terrible this turned out to be. Maybe Sideshow didn't have much faith in this line and handed Gwen off to a cheap factory or something, because I have NO idea what happened here. The Spider-Verse deserves better!
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:09 AM   #196
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Sideshow's actually been on a roll with their production pieces lately, this is one of their few duds. I also noticed that their DC statues are pretty good quality compared to their other statues for some reason, so I don't think you have much to worry about.

It's honestly shocking how terrible this turned out to be. Maybe Sideshow didn't have much faith in this line and handed Gwen off to a cheap factory or something, because I have NO idea what happened here. The Spider-Verse deserves better!
Mark Brooks deserves better too!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:41 AM   #197
Hibiki
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Looks like XM wins this round....
I guess we can say it's not worse than the mondo portrait. why no salt and pepper?
Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:42 AM   #198
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

yep...got my EX...definitely going back. googly left eye and just overall paint slop. lots of overlapping paint strokes. just bad.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #199
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Got my RMA prepaid label...this POS is getting tossed back in the UPS return bin.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:43 PM   #200
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Uhh. That is not good.
Whoa.... been out of the loop on this. Looks really bad. Glad i didnt throw down for this.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote