Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #1021
Mr. Roboto
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
I think both the Ex and the Reg are really well done, paint wise.

That's what makes the the problem with it not fitting hurt so much.

I keep getting mine out of the box and looking at it wishing I could put it together and display it... Damn it Sideshow.
Mr. Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #1022
Venetica
Doh!

Hello fellow collectors! I am not new to figure/statue collecting, but my entire collection is of Japanese and Chinese origin. I don't typically like western-style artwork, but this Little Mermaid stole my heart. Oddly enough I stumbled upon her on a Japanese website and just had to have her. I have the original on pre-order and am expecting her next month. However, I've been able to resist the store exclusive variant until I saw photos of her on this thread. I want to thank everyone who took the time to upload photos of both versions!

Anyway, according to Sideshow I have a retailer just 36 miles from where I live. I called them up and was disappointed to find that not only do they not have her, but they "don't have many statues in general"

So I did some digging and I found her for a great price ($284.99) on a website called "Underground Figures". Does anyone have any experience with this place? I can't find any reviews and it's odd to me that the Blog section only has a first-time temporary entry. Thanks in advance for any help and apologies for the long post
Venetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #1023
nearmint
Phoenix

Welcome to the boards. Underground Figures is in Rhode Island. If you’re in the US, why not order from Sideshow or bigbadtoystore?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #1024
omigeo
Alpha Flight

He cannot order the Ex via sideshow, but he can order it via bigbadtoystore…

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/64765

I cannot comment on "Underground Figures" website since I'm not familiar with it..
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #1025
Venetica
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Welcome to the boards. Underground Figures is in Rhode Island. If you’re in the US, why not order from Sideshow or bigbadtoystore?
Thanks Well I'm in NC, and shipping is only like $16. That is almost the same price BBTS has her listed for before shipping.

I can't order her from Sideshow because she is the store exclusive (I have the original teal version on order from Sideshow though).

Edit: I'm a she btw
Old 08-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #1026
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetica View Post
Thanks Well I'm in NC, and shipping is only like $16. That is almost the same price BBTS has her listed for before shipping.

I can't order her from Sideshow because she is the store exclusive (I have the original teal version on order from Sideshow though).

Great. We need more women in this hobby.

Hopefully, someone will chime in who’s purchased from Underground Figures.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #1027
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venetica View Post

Ooops sorry about that Venetica, but I did reference you as a "He' on my post, again my apologies.

BTW, I believe BBTS has a $4 Flat Rate Shipping. To qualify, your order must ship to a deliverable street address (sorry, no PO Boxes) within the contiguous United States.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #1028
Venetica
Doh!

Haha don't worry about it, I get that a lot especially with the type of figures I collect

I see BBTS is highly recommended though, I'll definitely keep them in mind for future purchases. Honestly I would have jumped on this Underground Figures listing right away, but I've been looking through this thread (I read through the ENTIRE thread, because I'm that crazy) and I see a number of people have issues with her parts not fitting together correctly. The last thing I want is to buy her from a place that may not be willing to work with me to get a replacement if needed. It says on their policy page that they will pay the return shipping for a defective item, but I would feel a little better if someone could share a positive experience about them.

Edit: I did see the $4 flat rate shipping which is nice, but it's only UPS and I much prefer USPS. Underground Figures offers Priority Mail shipping for just a few cents more than UPS, it's much faster and I've had better experience with packages shipped that way. Plus I live right down the street from the post office if I miss it.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:20 PM   #1029
nearmint
Phoenix

You may have a comic shop very near you that could order it in. You could insure that there aren’t any assembly problems right there in the store before taking it home.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #1030
Venetica
Doh!

That was my plan with the shop that was closest to me (about an hour drive), but despite them being listed as a Sideshow retailer they apparently don't carry statues. The next closes shop is twice as far away and I'm not willing to drive there.