Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #21
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't trust any of the prototypes, will need to see final product first...they always pull this stunt, show a great proto and then downgrade it

anyone have an ACTUAL unboxing video of shumi arts, I dont trust their insta pics cause obviously they will make 1 piece that looks amazing and not show the final product.
I need to see UNBOXING VIDEOS...plz anyone....so I can see if shumi arts (who I never heard about) is any good.
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 02:28 PM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I remember having the same conversation with you about your disbelief on Bolland Joker life size bust, with the price range and how good it turns out to be.

And it turned out to be as good as the prototype with that price.

So let's see how this one turns out.
You mean the killing Joke bust right?

Watched plenty of reviews and it turned out real good. As good as that proto advertised, no way. Per usual the paint took a downgrade.

But yeah it turned out much better than I had feared it would.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 02:32 PM   #23
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You mean the killing Joke bust right?

Watched plenty of reviews and it turned out real good. As good as that proto advertised, no way. Per usual the paint took a downgrade.

But yeah it turned out much better than I had feared it would.
Yes, the Killing Joke bust.
The paint downgrade is veery minimum, I have the bust myself, and if you do a professional photo session just like the promo pics, you will get the same result.

For that price, it is a steal.
Remember when you said it's too good to be true, well, I did say it is indeed good and true.. and voila!

So far I have faith in Shumi Arts. They put such a high price, with very low ES and long production time.
Very interested to see the final result!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:14 PM   #24
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Yes, the Killing Joke bust.
The paint downgrade is veery minimum, I have the bust myself, and if you do a professional photo session just like the promo pics, you will get the same result.

For that price, it is a steal.
Remember when you said it's too good to be true, well, I did say it is indeed good and true.. and voila!

So far I have faith in Shumi Arts. They put such a high price, with very low ES and long production time.
Very interested to see the final result!
Yes it turned out much better than I had expected to be possible for the price. But that was a rare exception and certainly not the rule around here.
I do not mind when my expectations are wrong.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:18 PM   #25
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
The main difference I think, is that this will be done by the in house artist of shumi arts, for each piece.
Meaning, not regular factory workers.
I'm an artist, and if I am hired to paint statues myself, I will charge a good rate for it.
Hence the 150 pcs, and completion time in 2025.
Because they will make sure it looks as good as the prototype.

Shumi arts, what they've done is magic: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSqhSNLFLAo/?img_index=2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqkW2glP48T/?img_index=1

They will make sure the product is up to their standard, and it will last longer than JND pieces, because of no silicone used.
The thing is, what they are showing now doesn?t even look as good as JND?s production pieces, and again, it?s lacking glass eyes + silicone so by default it?s inferior.

I have seen much better in house painting than this if it is in house. You?re paying for mainly painting on the head, because the rest is just black clothes and a base anyone could paint up.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:40 PM   #26
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yes it turned out much better than I had expected to be possible for the price. But that was a rare exception and certainly not the rule around here.
I do not mind when my expectations are wrong.
I agree it's not the rule around here.
I wish it is!
And yes, I hope Shumi arts will prove their capabilities, and I think this will be their first big showcase of their talents, for their future business in the industry.. so they will definitely make this as good as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
The thing is, what they are showing now doesn?t even look as good as JND?s production pieces, and again, it?s lacking glass eyes + silicone so by default it?s inferior.

I have seen much better in house painting than this if it is in house. You?re paying for mainly painting on the head, because the rest is just black clothes and a base anyone could paint up.
I agree about the glass eyes, however, if you look at Shumi Art's instagram, they have a way to create lifelike eyes, that is, even not as good as glass eyes, looks very real and artistic.

Silicone I agree will make a piece more realistic, but in terms of longevity and durability, this piece is superior than JND.

IMHO, I agree there are better in house painting than this (and from their works in their IG, Shumi Arts can do much better painting as well), but have you seen that in house painting quality for mass production piece (150 pcs)?

I think they need to put certain limit of details so what they showcased here is manageable to be replicated for mass production, as they want to make sure the end product is as seen in the promo pics (unlike Hot Toys' JC Hong's master paint that can never be replicated by the factory workers).

Remember, this is their own artists painting all 150 statues themselves, not factory workers, so they need to make sure what they show here is manageable to be done exactly the same for all 150 pieces.

If they managed to do it, with such a low ES, it's gonna be such an art piece.
Old 08-26-2023, 05:31 AM   #27
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

2.5k for 1/4 scale just lol
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #28
lighterheaven

Some people spend the same amount -even more- for a 60 pcs limited run of 1/6 scale figure.
Arnie Kim Clark Kent statue can reach 10k, also in 1/4.

Take this one as a limited 150 pcs custom 1/4 scale.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:21 AM   #29
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Fantastic looking statue but 2200 is laughable.
csutkakoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #30
lighterheaven

Some thoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpcsxKqz5bE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854tIkLuGjo