Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Sithlord32
New Republic

Another disappointment...Help anyone?

Well I asked before I bought and was reassured that not having the OG packaging wouldnt matter it would be packaged very well and do not worry....famous last words. Any help on what I need and how to fix this fiberglass would be greatly appreciated.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Bummer
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

If you paid via PayPal, you're in a position to get your money back. However, you'll have to pay for return tracking/signed postage.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

If it were me (and this is just me mind), I'd try and reach agreement with the seller for a partial refund and just repair it (assuming all the pieces are there).
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
If you paid via PayPal, you're in a position to get your money back. However, you'll have to pay for return tracking/signed postage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
If it were me (and this is just me mind), I'd try and reach agreement with the seller for a partial refund and just repair it (assuming all the pieces are there).
Yes I already talked to the seller and he will be refunding me for it to an agreed amount I have to wait forr the insurance placed on it to come back. I didnt want to give up the statue so I thought id just repair it as i would be out $100 to ship it back.
What id really like to know is how to repair it. Just glue the fiber glass then place avis or some kind of putty to fill in the little pieces that are missing then a repaint? Whats the best way to go about it?
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

glue it together seems all pieces are there.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Yes I already talked to the seller and he will be refunding me for it to an agreed amount I have to wait forr the insurance placed on it to come back. I didnt want to give up the statue so I thought id just repair it as i would be out $100 to ship it back.
What id really like to know is how to repair it. Just glue the fiber glass then place avis or some kind of putty to fill in the little pieces that are missing then a repaint? Whats the best way to go about it?
That's a bummer but I think it's great that you got some money back and made a wise decision on keeping it. That can be easily fixed and it totally doesn't distract from the piece. I think you are on the money with the assessment of how to fix it. That's how I would go about doing it anyway. Congrats man it's an awesome piece and I hope you can display it proudly.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote