The Flash

Joker is too pretty-boy
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:40 PM   #22
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Gotta tell ya, with popularity comes burnout, and with every one they release now is an ES of 5200, that's a whole lotta saturation.
I'm sure you're right, but for now, DC is striking while the iron is hot.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #23
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Joker is too pretty-boy
i didn't notice that until you mentioned it, but he does.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:46 AM   #24
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

this will be my first comic icons statue
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #25
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't like it.
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #26
prescribeddrone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Will this at least be in scale with the Arkham statues? Can anybody post some side to side?
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:31 AM   #27
prescribeddrone

Some advice please.... my space is limited so I rather avoid clutter... this has been on mind since both got announced...

DC Icons: Harley Quinn Statue sculpted by Erik... Any actual pics of this yet?

I own no Icon statues. Not counting ARTFX+ , I have a few Koto 1/6, DC Direct (Batman vs Joker piece) and some of the Arkham statues (AA Nurse Harley and AC Joker) so I'm still debating if I need this or not.... I have the Femme Harley from Diamond Select on pre order (I'm getting Ivy, Catwoman and Harley from that line...and they seem a bit bigger than Icons scale and MIGHT work with Koto 1/6 with good angles) so is it better to just skip the Icon and get an eventual new or old "Cover Girl" for that same price or what? Would that Icon piece throw things off?

Only thing is Erik does good work....

Any help, please?
Old 10-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #28
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

All depends what style & materials you like most, realistic + cold-cast (Cover Girls, Arkham line) or animated + PVC/ABS (DST Femme Fatales by Bruce Timm)? Without their bases & from head to toe DCC Cover Girls, Arkham line, & DST Femme Fatale statues are between 9 to 10 inches tall (1:7 scale).

For consistency i would buy this Icons Harley since it'll match with the Arkham Asylum & City pieces you already own. Then get the Artgerm Cover Girls Poison Ivy & Catwoman instead of the DST FF statues to build a comic style Gotham City Sirens.

If you really like Bruce Timms style & want a piece to match the height of your DC ArtFX statues, there's the DST 1:6 Mad Love Harley Quinn. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...84&mode=retail It'll be made of resin & 12" tall (including base) with an edition size of 3000.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
Some advice please.... my space is limited so I rather avoid clutter... this has been on mind since both got announced...

DC Icons: Harley Quinn Statue sculpted by Erik... Any actual pics of this yet?

I own no Icon statues. Not counting ARTFX+ , I have a few Koto 1/6, DC Direct (Batman vs Joker piece) and some of the Arkham statues (AA Nurse Harley and AC Joker) so I'm still debating if I need this or not.... I have the Femme Harley from Diamond Select on pre order (I'm getting Ivy, Catwoman and Harley from that line...and they seem a bit bigger than Icons scale and MIGHT work with Koto 1/6 with good angles) so is it better to just skip the Icon and get an eventual new or old "Cover Girl" for that same price or what? Would that Icon piece throw things off?

Only thing is Erik does good work....

Any help, please?
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:07 AM   #29
prescribeddrone

Thanks, I will consider it. When I get a piece, material isn't really a thing I think about. As long as it stands on a shelf and looks nice, I'm happy.

One thing with me besides space is budget (I have the 1/6 Flash on pre order and it might come out around the same time those Harleys are out-- unless BBTS is way off) So basically I'm trying to spend less while getting characters I like. December-March might drain me, on top with my Amazon Prime renewal in Feb.

When it comes to 1/6- I try to be picky with that size.. I saw the the DST 1:6 Mad Love Harley Quinn in person at NYCC she looks cool, indeed. But I think I'd prefer paying "Koto" price ($109 for Flash) if I get 1/6, you know? But if I had the funds and space, hell yeah.

With the FF pieces, they're cheap, a good size and look like the cartoon, so I can just display the Sirens from my favorite incarnation of Batman without breaking bank and spending around $300 and my FF Ivy already shipped on Friday, so I should pick it up it tomorrow.

Another reason I want these FF pieces is to avoid buying action figures of them from that line. Considering the prices of the figures, the statues are a better deal.

I really want to see "real" pics of that Icons Harley, that digital render is nice but I want a real pic.

It just worries me that I'll be spending around $200+ in December because I've been buying too much stuff throughout the year, but if she looks really good, I might end up getting her anyway, since I like her a lot. But at the same time I'm thinking that they'll have to put out more classic comic Harleys eventually, with the Suicide Squad movie and all... So if I'm low on cash by December, I think the FF Harley and the AA Nurse would be good enough to represent my love for the character, it'll just be a bit less realistic but a ying/yang in a way. One color/cartoony and one with 3 colors but more realistic. Sexy modern Harley/Catoony classic Harley.

And the FF's look bigger than the Icon statues, I saw the B&W Harley by the GL Icon in July and her proportions were slightly bigger. I don't know if thats a cartoon thing or what though... I guess I'll just keep her in my pre orders and hope I have enough by then, maybe I'll rearrange my display to make room- I have a few MGS Kai figures taking up a shelf, but I could always box up Venom Snake, MGS2 Raiden and Liquid and just keep Cyber Raiden and Big Boss on display, but move them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
All depends what style & materials you like most, realistic + cold-cast (Cover Girls, Arkham line) or animated + PVC/ABS (DST Femme Fatales by Bruce Timm)? Without their bases & from head to toe DCC Cover Girls, Arkham line, & DST Femme Fatale statues are between 9 to 10 inches tall (1:7 scale).

For consistency i would buy this Icons Harley since it'll match with the Arkham Asylum & City pieces you already own. Then get the Artgerm Cover Girls Poison Ivy & Catwoman instead of the DST FF statues to build a comic style Gotham City Sirens.

If you really like Bruce Timms style & want a piece to match the height of your DC ArtFX statues, there's the DST 1:6 Mad Love Harley Quinn. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...84&mode=retail It'll be made of resin & 12" tall (including base) with an edition size of 3000.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:40 AM   #30
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thumbs up

No probs, since you have a set budget then it's best for you to collect the DST FF line. Personally own 3 non DC pieces & they're solidly built plus the response has been positive from fellow collectors who got the JLU Supergirl regular & variant pieces.

Agreed, a pity there's no newer marketing pics of Icon Harley yet but rest assured Mr. Sosa does superb quality work.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote