Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #1151
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
And they will handle the Darth Maul situation with the same effort. Really surprised how fast someone lose respect.
Ppl like to overreact, the storm situation really didn’t help. That is nvr going to be addressed.

Darth maul is just an unforeseen packaging issue, not a design flaw.
Xm has always been gd on breakages, ppl won’t blow up about that.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #1152
GenMotors
Fantastic Four

A little confused on the dimensions on this one. XM has it listed in CM as 66L x 46B x 21H. I am assuming that the 46B is referring to the depth and the 66L is referring to the width perhaps with the Katana arms.

From the pictures the height and depth seem relatively close to each other. If anyone could confirm, I'd appreciate it.
GenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #1153
SONICobra
Batman

were having this exact conversation in the general discussion thread which was my fault (i thought i posted the question in this one...)

per GrumpyBear height is 53 cm (~20") and depth is 66 cm (25") - which based on the photos seems backwards but i dunno
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:24 PM   #1154
built2shred
Phoenix

When were talking on average $1100 to buy an XM statue shipped, people are not going to be patient when problems arise...

When you make changes and don't let your customers known until they open their box people are going to be upset.

When a problem does happen and the company goes dark on it, people get pissed...

The first several years XM would always answer questions and be upfront with what they were doing, now that's not so much the case anymore...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #1155
GenMotors
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
were having this exact conversation in the general discussion thread which was my fault (i thought i posted the question in this one...)

per GrumpyBear height is 53 cm (~20") and depth is 66 cm (25") - which based on the photos seems backwards but i dunno
Thanks. I agree, that seems surprising based on the pictures if that is correct.
GenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #1156
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
When were talking on average $1100 to buy an XM statue shipped, people are not going to be patient when problems arise...

When you make changes and don't let your customers known until they open their box people are going to be upset.

When a problem does happen and the company goes dark on it, people get pissed...

The first several years XM would always answer questions and be upfront with what they were doing, now that's not so much the case anymore...
Totally agree.

They ONLY brought the metal claws to shows for months and months, and whenever a question was asked about the bone claws.....silence. It then goes up for PO showing the opposite of what they brought to the shows but then apparently it's our fault for being upset at the lack of communication/clarity? I also love how on the article they said:

Quote:
Turned out that the prototype set up team had in fact, incorrectly fitted Metal claws over the above set up when our original plan was to have Bone claws instead. (Whoops)
So I'm supposed to believe that NO ONE at XM ever noticed this for the entire time this piece was brought to shows? Either they're being dishonest, or they don't pay very much attention to what they bring to shows. Neither option is very good.

Miscommunication happens. I get it. But good lord do not be surprised/upset when people WANT to give you $1,000 for a freaking statue of a comic book character but want clarity on what it is they're buying, and why things have changed from what they've been shown. The whole blind loyalty thing wears really thin, really fast.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #1157
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Don't support them then, storm chains, storm ugly seam, batgirl red eye, questionable questionable last minute changes or lack of comms.

But nobody in this thread said xm was upset at collectors for being pissed about the lack of comms. Highly doubt XM will actually come out and say that to their customer base as well. I call your bull----.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:36 AM   #1158
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They can make some bad choices too. Other companies do. My last few XMs have been out of this world

XM Hulkbuster
XM scorpion

On preorder

XM dr Octopus
XM Hulk Transformation

These pieces are game changers imo not many complaints about hem either .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #1159
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
storm chains, storm ugly seam
Yes! It's so ugly, people are barely getting their money back on eBay
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #1160
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
storm chains, storm ugly seam,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
Yes! It's so ugly, people are barely getting their money back on eBay
Where are you seeing that? The last two sales were $2499 each. I don’t see any listed on eBay currently.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote