Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #511
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's more about Tweeterhead getting it right and making a statue people want... Supergirl IMO was a miss fire on their part... I have a feeling Dona Troy will be to, from her simple costume that doesn't have much detail to the plain base. Especially when you compare them to Tweeterhead's Joker, Harley, Bud & Lou which are very detailed with great bases..

I just think Tweeterhead has to be careful not to make their statues to plain vanilla. If they do they need to bring those prices down to below $200 instead of the $250 range...
They went with the era specific costume and it fits Garcia's style. I saw her in person at a con and she she looked amazing. The paint app on her is fabulous. She may well not be to the liking of some, but she's a gorgeous statue of her classic costume.

Retailers have sales all the time and she was priced right. Not every statue will have a complicated base to jack up the price, it also helps when you are trying to organize them together. In a perfect world, tweeterhead would make a version of the character that every one loves, but that is not the collecting world we live in.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #512
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's more about Tweeterhead getting it right and making a statue people want... Supergirl IMO was a miss fire on their part... I have a feeling Dona Troy will be to, from her simple costume that doesn't have much detail to the plain base. Especially when you compare them to Tweeterhead's Joker, Harley, Bud & Lou which are very detailed with great bases..

I just think Tweeterhead has to be careful not to make their statues to plain vanilla. If they do they need to bring those prices down to below $200 instead of the $250 range...
Fair point on Supergirl. Honestly if XM makes one I like better then I'll probably sell mine. I'm not 100% satisfied with the face.

I'm not sure what they could have done to make Donna Troy more exciting, but I think below $200 is unfeasible. Their prices are already very fair in my opinion, especially when you looks at everything else on the market.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #513
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Donna Troy looks fantastic! Still wish the EX would've been a switch out arm holding the spear like the original design. I didn't get go through Tweeterhead because there was not EX.

I know Chad has said he doesn't want to make EX's just because. If that's the case just make a smaller amount and maybe the EX could be a very limited alternate costume. Like Donna in her Black outfit.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #514
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I love the Supergirl! Seeing that statue was what brought me to this line. That's definitely my favorite costume for her because it's what I grew up with. Then I saw the Wonder Woman (with eagle bodice) and knew I was in trouble. Ha.

They are perfect representations of the artwork from that era. That's what I wanted. No other company is doing that. Plenty of others are making New 52 and Rebirth stuff. There are lots of choices.

That's also why I'm so adamant that the other future releases match what we've gotten already *cough, Zatanna* because I can't imagine how amazing these will all look together eventually.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:18 PM   #515
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Donna Troy looks fantastic! Still wish the EX would've been a switch out arm holding the spear like the original design. I didn't get go through Tweeterhead because there was not EX.

I know Chad has said he doesn't want to make EX's just because. If that's the case just make a smaller amount and maybe the EX could be a very limited alternate costume. Like Donna in her Black outfit.
The EX is the autographed print of the concept art. It's no switch out, but an ex nevertheless.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #516
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I love the Supergirl! Seeing that statue was what brought me to this line. That's definitely my favorite costume for her because it's what I grew up with. Then I saw the Wonder Woman (with eagle bodice) and knew I was in trouble. Ha.

They are perfect representations of the artwork from that era. That's what I wanted. No other company is doing that. Plenty of others are making New 52 and Rebirth stuff. There are lots of choices.

That's also why I'm so adamant that the other future releases match what we've gotten already *cough, Zatanna* because I can't imagine how amazing these will all look together eventually.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:34 AM   #517
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective27 View Post
The EX is the autographed print of the concept art. It's no switch out, but an ex nevertheless.
I meant no EX for the statue itself.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #518
Augen
Metal Men

Added the first (and certainly not last) Tweeterhead Super Power statue to my collection. While I may not be crazy about the costume, over all I think Tweeterhead did an amazing job on her. Any issues I've seen earlier in the thread I put down to lighting as in person she looks great. One note is Tweeterhead really makes sure to pack and keep every bit secured with styrofoam, tissue paper, foam, and plastic wrap. It's great, but I am a little concerned about packing her back up should I ever need to.

I really like this side profile

Thank you again Tweeterhead for making this line, hoping Supergirl has dozens of other statues in the line to keep her company in the years to come.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #519
grphyx1
Kingpin

She has a supercute booty
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #520
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Added the first (and certainly not last) Tweeterhead Super Power statue to my collection. While I may not be crazy about the costume,
Like they say, "different strokes...."

It was PRECISELY the costume that brought me to buy it (and the pose). I've loved that costume from back in the day and was thrilled when Alex Ross revisited it with "Justice". I even liked the original slippers, instead of the boots, in earliest incarnations. Either way, "I like it!!"
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote