Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Primal
Batman

Zelda: Twilight Princess

So what's the deal? Is this a new continuity/Link again?

Because they mention that he's never been to Hyrule.

Zelda 1 & 2 were the same continuity.
Was 3 (A Link to the Past) part of the same continuity as 1 & 2?

Then I interpreted Ocarina of Time as being a retelling/reboot of the first 3 since it had elements of all those games put into 1. The collecting of the 3 artifacts (taken from part 3) and link growing up (part 2)

Then Majora's mask continues Ocarina's new continuity.

Then Windwaker is a totally new Link?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

A Link to the past wasn't in the continuity. In fact I don't even remember him being in Hyrule. That was a great game though I loved that one the most for a long time.

WindWaker is totally new, only has Link as a kid living somewhere else.

This one, is like another story ANOTHER Link, that's taking after the "hero" from days of old. So if this "Link" is a descendent or just someone in the footsteps of the old Link, what about Zelda? She's another person just LIKE the old Zelda?! Yeah I don't get it. New Link needs stop following in someone elses shoes for once.

Honestly though I'm getting tired of the same settings with the newer Zeldas. I loved Windwaker and a lot of ppl hated it. I liked it cause it was new and different.

But I'm tired of seeing the same places you know? The same forest village, the same Death Mountain, and the Gorons, and then the Fish Zora levels, it's like come on, why do we always have to revisit these guys?

I know Link and Zelda are tied together but go on a vacation or something take a break.

Still so far this game is very entertaining, and some levels and items add to the game as well, I'm not done just yet so it's good that it's long.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

windwaker was one of the most fun non-sport games i played in the last 5 years. Halo series is obviously #1.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
melike
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Zeldas all over the place in how they link (ha!) together
Youd give yourself a brain aneurism trying to figur eit all out..
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
bjread
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I borrowed my friends Wii (that's right...he's cool like that) and have been playing Twilight Princess....now it is a LOT like Ocarina of Time...but what's wrong with that...Ocarina of Time is one of the best games EVER on ANY PLATFORM. TP has a solid story...great graphics...innovative gameplay (with the new control system). Also, the game is called Zelda...hello...she has to be in the game...Link is/was/will always be the hero. Seriously...asking them to break up is like having Mario do an adventure without the Princess being involved...or a Superman not having Lois around. These are connected. Really...you have to look at it in context.

I don't need continuity between games...I like whole new adventures. I don't care if the same characters show up...it just reminds you of 1997 and what you were doing as you were playing this game
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Ghost

Actually not every game Mario is in, has Peach.
And of course it's called Zelda but I dunno Ocarina had more to do with Zelda and Link then this game. It's more about the Twili and how they're taking over the world. Zelda barely has anything to do with the game other then being the princess...

That's why Windwaker was great. Even though there was a Zelda, it was a different setting, it was fresh! Still I love some of these boss fights and new items. I will be getting the Zelda that was like Windwaker for the DS as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
A Link to the past wasn't in the continuity. In fact I don't even remember him being in Hyrule. That was a great game though I loved that one the most for a long time.
Who said what now? I thought it was pretty obvious he was in Hyrule.
Another awesome Zelda game. In fact the only one for the Super Nintendo. I guess the same monkeys that appear in this game are the same as in TP.

Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #8
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I always thought of the new Zelda continuities, as something along the lines of Hawkman and Hawkgirl, that they were reincarnated souls linked together through destinies.

Doesn't explain why they have exactly the same names in each reincarnation, though.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Who said what now? I thought it was pretty obvious he was in Hyrule.
Another awesome Zelda game. In fact the only one for the Super Nintendo. I guess the same monkeys that appear in this game are the same as in TP.

My bad Primal! I meant Link's Awakening for the Gameboy Color! Yeah that's the one. Where he never really existed but was part of a whale's dream to save the land. Remember that one? That could have been Hyrule too but there wasn't much about it going on.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #10
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I always thought of the new Zelda continuities, as something along the lines of Hawkman and Hawkgirl, that they were reincarnated souls linked together through destinies.

Doesn't explain why they have exactly the same names in each reincarnation, though.
And yeah that's what I used to think as well.though in the games you're given the chance to change the "hero's" name. But yeah they're just reincarnations through time.