Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #1021
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Capcom approvals are part of Jerry's business.

The braided rope belt is SF4 accurate. That's why you got that.

"Hot Ryu", who cares? Not everything in Street Fighter is 'Shogun Level' seriousness. Some stuff is just silly and fun.

The statue is what counts, not the semantics.

Maybe I'm just getting too old to be burdened by trivial things.
'Shogun level' seriousness? lol,new phrase for me!
I don't get the big deal but it is hilarious to see they are going through and changing the name of their product based on what seems to be fan reaction to the original reveal. However, I guess Battle Ryu is more suited for a damaged version of the character in my opinion. Kind of like Jerry's Tatakai Kouka Ryu.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #1022
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think it's a fine nickname among fans and a good giggle.
Not a reflectioin of the statue but not my preference on a $700+ statue.

If we're asked to make definitive decisions at PO time it isn't much to ask the same of Capcom. Jerry asks Capcom "Happy?" They say yes, that should be the end of it. After that it's meddling.
Put the box in the attic. It doesn't say "Hot Ryu" on the faceplate of the statue .
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #1023
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
'Shogun level' seriousness? lol,new phrase for me!
I don't get the big deal but it is hilarious to see they are going through and changing the name of their product based on what seems to be fan reaction to the original reveal. However, I guess Battle Ryu is more suited for a damaged version of the character in my opinion. Kind of like Jerry's Tatakai Kouka Ryu.
But isn't the bearded Ryu a more damaged version of the reg Ryu?

Besides the beard he's scared up on his chest and arms, his gi pants are more worn and dis-colored, and he has a bandage on his arm and toe...
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #1024
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
But isn't the bearded Ryu a more damaged version of the reg Ryu?

Besides the beard he's scared up on his chest and arms, his gi pants are more worn and dis-colored, and he has a bandage on his arm and toe...
I personally think the scars on battle/Hot Ryu are just from years of training and fighting. The wrap on his arm don't really seem to be bloody or whatever either.
The Ryu in this picture definitely has cuts bruises, and his Gi is torn to shreds. To me that is what a battle damaged version of a character should look like.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #1025
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I personally think the scars on battle/Hot Ryu are just from years of training and fighting. The wrap on his arm don't really seem to be bloody or whatever either.
The Ryu in this picture definitely has cuts bruises, and his Gi is torn to shreds. To me that is what a battle damaged version of a character should look like.
The difference to me is that that Ryu looks like he just got out of a fight. Literally just finished one.

Whereas battle 1/3 looks like he's older and got those scars over time. (Kind of like you said.) the gi is worn and old and the bandages are probably not fresh and maybe even reapplied. They look grimy but that probably would explain the lack of blood.

The battle Ryu in my eyes looks aged and worn, and I personally like that approach as opposed to the rainbows and kittens spewing forth from his loins, haha.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #1026
Joppula

Quote:
The difference to me is that that Ryu looks like he just got out of a fight. Literally just finished one.

Whereas battle 1/3 looks like he's older and got those scars over time. (Kind of like you said.) the gi is worn and old and the bandages are probably not fresh and maybe even reapplied. They look grimy but that probably would explain the lack of blood.

The battle Ryu in my eyes looks aged and worn, and I personally like that approach as opposed to the rainbows and kittens spewing forth from his loins, haha.

Real question[s].

Did I miss something? Where is there rainbows and kittens spewing from his loins? How does calling him "Hot" imply this?
Old 12-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #1027
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Should be Chuck Norris Ryu
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #1028
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
[/B]

Real question[s].

Did I miss something? Where is there rainbows and kittens spewing from his loins? How does calling him "Hot" imply this?
I'm exaggerating and using the gif dao used as a joke but I'm mostly just saying battle Ryu sounds better then hot Ryu and that the statue fits my definition of battle-worn but it's not a big deal.

I ordered the battle (hot) Ryu and love it. And changing his name won't change that.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #1029
Joppula

Quote:
I'm exaggerating and using the gif dao used as a joke but I'm mostly just saying battle Ryu sounds better then hot Ryu and that the statue fits my definition of battle-worn but it's not a big deal.

I ordered the battle (hot) Ryu and love it. And changing his name won't change that.

That's the right attitude!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #1030
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Bath House Ryu
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote