Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-28-2020, 11:19 PM   #501
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Anyone think there’s a shot at all of someone making a right arm holding Mjolnir? Would be fantastic.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:30 PM   #502
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Thumbs up

Went with economy as well and received this piece today. Thankfully everything arrived intact and man was the wait worth it! Thanks LBS, XM, and Todd from SpecFiction for everything.

Now bring on Magneto and Thor! Please have mercy and space their releases. Too many great statues releasing all at once.
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #503
pdenham
Teen Titans

Congratulations, Frogtown

I'll echo your experience with Todd at SF. Purchase and follow up was streamlined and professional. He's also usually quite accessible via the chat function or posts in the forum, if I have a quick question.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #504
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Mine shipped today from SF Should have him next week.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:44 PM   #505
OldManNewfie
Doh!

Recieved mine from todd at spec on Tuesday. As with everyone else it seems arrived in perfect condition and one of the easiest transactions I've had .
OldManNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:25 PM   #506
pdenham
Teen Titans

Anyone else have paint rubbing off the gravel surface of the base?

I though it was little bits of styro from the packing at first, but couldn't brush or blow them off so I'm pretty sure now it's paint rubbed off and exposing the bare resin.
Mine clearly didn't get a good solid coat of black on this area in general. There's large swaths where it looks like they only gave it one quick pass, so at some point I'll need to get a rattle can and mask the bronze parts off.
As easy an issue to fix as they get, fortunately, but a sloppier effort than I expected from XM QC.

Also, is anyone else's figure loose enough on the base to rock a little back and forth? I'm glad I don't live in an earthquake prone zone.

Also- how's everybody's white paint apps on the "A" on the classic head?

Other than those areas, I was relieved it showed up without any overt damage.

Also very happy to see the box was nicely compact for this size a figure. It's only a few inches bigger all around than the 1/6 XM Aquaman.
They utilized space in the styro well. Just a few nice, chunky pieces and they all fit together super fast and easy.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #507
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Anyone else have paint rubbing off the gravel surface of the base?
Both the piece I sold and my own had/has two tone colors on the gravel. It's not extensive, just here and there. I assumed they went with a weathering effect like they did with the gold trim around the eagle. I'd have to see a picture. My A was fine. I noticed they did a bit of shading around the creases and the whites. Noticeable if you're standing on top of the statue but goes away as you back up. It reminds me of the HMO Zero just done better.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:52 PM   #508
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hey all! Is the left arm (AL - the left shield arm) supposed to key into the torso with both arms down? Mine goes in, but falls right out if I let go of it. I don't think it's supposed to be an option, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks!
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #509
pdenham
Teen Titans

I don't have access to the other arm atm, but I can't see why it wouldn't stay in place.

Does the magnet on that shield arm lock into the pointing torso?
Old 08-01-2020, 10:49 PM   #510
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I don't have access to the other arm atm, but I can't see why it wouldn't stay in place.

Does the magnet on that shield arm lock into the pointing torso?
I looked more closely. That arm is labeled AL. The arm socket is labelled BL. So it is NOT designed to go into there. It CAN fit, but it isn't designed to. I also checked the key and see there's a roughly 2mm gap around the key hole when sliding the arm in.

The A pieces need to go with the A torso and the B pieces with the B torso, who would've thought! lol.

Thanks for the reply.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote