Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
Haha, that was me on the inside, I thought it was a prank at first. That chick was like wtf is Shemnue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Personally I have zero interest in this game, but this one will be interesting to watch regardless. People will have crazy expectations that (in all likelihood) will never be met. Combine that with a title who's past release was 2001/2002. Is it all hype or do people still legitimately care about this series?
I assume the majority of 'nostalgia' fans will back the kickstarter campaign, but I can't imagine this series picking up many new fans at its retail release

interesting to watch...hopefully it doesn't go all 'Last Guardian' on the gaming community
The fans from the Dreamcast/Xbox era will for sure be on board. I could see new fans to the series buying it and not liking it tho. Especially the younger crowd.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #12
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Personally I have zero interest in this game, but this one will be interesting to watch regardless. People will have crazy expectations that (in all likelihood) will never be met. Combine that with a title who's past release was 2001/2002. Is it all hype or do people still legitimately care about this series?
I assume the majority of 'nostalgia' fans will back the kickstarter campaign, but I can't imagine this series picking up many new fans at its retail release

interesting to watch...hopefully it doesn't go all 'Last Guardian' on the gaming community
I still legitimately care about this series, but there's also a lot of nostalgia at play. This game was one of the most mind-blowing video game experiences of my life and its influence on games going forward from there was obvious.

Having said that, I'm not sure it will attract new gamers. When they showed the short clip, I certainly got filled with joy, but when I showed a friend at work, he said "so you just walk around a forest with a girl?". Initially, I wanted to smack him, but only a fan of the series would be so pumped by the scene. To anyone else, it looks pretty boring. I wish they had prepared some fighting, alternate scenes, basically anything that might spark the interest of someone who hasn't played it.

Regardless, this is the best video game news I've experienced in years. To me, gaming has become so stale and so few games even come close to piquing my interest. To know that one of the best series I have ever played is now getting its long overdue sequel....it's f'ing awesome.

I'm ready for The Last Guardian.....Shadow of the Colossus and Ico were a couple of great gaming experiences. I have no doubt that will be one, too.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

in short this is a life sim game mixed with GTA style.

if you have played and liked Yakuza series most likely you will like this too.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:41 AM   #14
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

For any who were interested and missed it, Shenmue III ended up at 6.33 million, more than any other video game kickstarter before it and the third most funded kickstarter in general (behind the exploding kittens card game and OUYA). I cannot wait until this game gets released.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote