Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Shenmue III

Well, for any who missed it, the official Kickstarter for Shenmue III was announced during Sony's conference. To me, that was the best news of the show and probably the last 14 years in gaming. In less than half a day, it reached its 2 million dollar goal. Unbelievably, Shenmue III will finally be a reality. For any who love the series as much as I have, here's the kickstarter. Fund this sucka!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ue-3?ref=video
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

Seems odd to me it was announced by Sony at E3 as an exclusive yet fans need to pick up the tab. Makes no sense they'd make it ps4 only when Sony has nothing invested in it.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #3
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1 of the few games worth the trouble. Big news, made 2 million in 10 hours! This game left us hanging for years, now its time. Where''s my dreamcast?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Seems odd to me it was announced by Sony at E3 as an exclusive yet fans need to pick up the tab. Makes no sense they'd make it ps4 only when Sony has nothing invested in it.
Sony is Funding Shenmue 3 Development
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #5
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Where's the guy that was always trying to get this going here with Facebook campaigns and stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I thought it was fairly obvious that this was going to be backed by Sony. It's like the Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Kickstarter except they weren't as upfront about it for some reason.

A good number of people are kind of upset about the new corporate Kickstarters that are happening. I think Bloodstained was ok because of the recent events at Konami and Koji Igarashi's attempts to get it funded. Also Bloodstained has / had really enticing rewards.

At least we are getting Shenmue 3 though. Perhaps they will change stuff up now that it's funded. At the very least a physical PS4 version should be added.

Oh and that Gametrailers reaction video is a classic never to be forgotten.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
bruhaha69

Yeah, I think we all knew it wasn't out of the kindness of Sony's heart that they'd mention the kickstarter during their conference. Doesn't matter to me, though. I (like you guys) have been watching every E3, TGS, Gamescon, etc, etc throughout the years, slowly submitting to the fact that we would never again see Shenmue. When that music started playing, I felt gaming joy and amazement like I haven't experienced in forever. That gametrailers reaction was perfect, haha.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #7
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
That gametrailers reaction was perfect, haha.
And the girl just watching was even better. It was like she had a front row seat to the crazy male gamer behavior.

But about the Kickstarter, 2 million to fund when the first game was some 20 million+. And it's Sony. All they are doing is shifting some risk on consumers. They know people want this game and they will sell it. I'm happy it's happening. But the rewards should be a lot better. Shenmue 3's signed reward doesn't equal Bloodstained's version for the same price to me. I don't think that will change later in the campaign either.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Can u guys post the gametrailers reaction please.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #9
bruhaha69

Sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsS0fWIo9FY
Old 06-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #10
PureInvasion

Personally I have zero interest in this game, but this one will be interesting to watch regardless. People will have crazy expectations that (in all likelihood) will never be met. Combine that with a title who's past release was 2001/2002. Is it all hype or do people still legitimately care about this series?
I assume the majority of 'nostalgia' fans will back the kickstarter campaign, but I can't imagine this series picking up many new fans at its retail release

interesting to watch...hopefully it doesn't go all 'Last Guardian' on the gaming community
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote