Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Xbox One Backward Compatibility

Looks like its finally coming ....

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xb...lity_Game_List

Sony better get moving as this could actually put gaming in MS's favor by a longshot.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #2
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

And only 1.5 years after most people stopped caring. Backwards compatibility is a system seller if it happens at launch. Think about how many 360 owners dumped their 360 and games to help pay for their XB1. Or...gasp...the ps4 they switched to. This far into the game, they should be focusing on the future not the past. This will certainly sell some extra units, but it's an act of desperation more than anything else.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
This will certainly sell some extra units, but it's an act of desperation more than anything else.
you're one of those guys that if they gave you 10 free gold bars you'd complain that it wasn't 20 aren't ya

while I agree backwards compatibility isn't the best thing ever it's something they didn't need to do and it's free so where is the downside?

Microsoft also had more NEW games that are actually coming out this year than the other guys so win win. play your old games or play some new ones.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #4
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
you're one of those guys that if they gave you 10 free gold bars you'd complain that it wasn't 20 aren't ya

while I agree backwards compatibility isn't the best thing ever it's something they didn't need to do and it's free so where is the downside?

Microsoft also had more NEW games that are actually coming out this year than the other guys so win win. play your old games or play some new ones.
You act like I started a thread trashing them for it. My response is basically directed towards Frankie's last statement which is a ridiculous over-exaggeration IMO. Like I said, it's certainly a nice add but most people don't care at this point. Will barely make a dent in the gigantic lead Sony has built. Now, their superior lineup of new games...that will definitely help them close the gap.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

heh, didn't say superior. have to play them first, just said more
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Xbox 360 backward compatibility with original Xbox reached a whopping 51%. This success rate really only benefits the most casual of gamers whose library is so small that all their games will likely work.

MS give the impression that the only limitation is developer's approval. I sure hope for a much higher transition, otherwise it's pretty useless and I'll still need the old gal.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 PM   #7
Frankierock
Omega Red

The reason I said a long shot is because everyone I know who has an Xbox 360 and has yet to jump to next Gen has stated they spent so much on games in the past that unless they can play the old stuff too, they won't budge..I do understand they are a day late and a dollar short...but I myself still have over 50 360 titles and sometimes I would not mind playing them. Plus how many systems do I need to hook up to play my games? With the ps4 the Xbox one and numerous other things...blu Ray, cable ...etc.. I don't want my room cluttered. So this helps a lot...

So if you sit and think how many people purchased a 360 in the past...and how that number is a lot higher then all the Xbox ones sold....well it just means there are a lot of people that need to jump into next Gen...this is the perfect time., the console is cheaper plus it will be like you get both the 360 and the one in all wrapped in 1 console....it's a win win for MS....

You may not agree but just look at how many people went from original Xbox to 360 just because you had the same ability to play older games....another example version 1 PS3....granted there is one thing they have to do to help their cause... That's to make sure there more working titles then they had the last go around on the 360.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:31 AM   #8
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

I think it's a great idea and doesn't cost the player anything so what's not to like? I miss a lot of the 360 games I had digitally downloaded and now it seems I can get many of them back even though I no longer own a 360.

I'll be super excited if I can get access to USF IV.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:53 AM   #9
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

if it worked where every 360 game worked straight off then it'd be a great feature. But because it's like how they had the xbox games working on 360 where there was a slow drip feed of games, it's a pretty useless feature. You quickly lose interest in waiting for the games you want to play to be supported, and games developers aren't going to allow old games of existing franchises to be played as it will affect sales of future titles in the series.
So while I'm glad the feature is there I'm just not that excited about it.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #10
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

How so many people forget that when Xbx one came out they said it was not built or designed for Backwards comp and all of a sudden it is. I just don't trust their system, since day one its been lie after lie with it. Have to use the Eye, now you don't have to, can't sell games, now you can, won't be backwards, now it is.....

Im sure its just a emulator which means games will lag and or have issues with running on the system now.
Vince-Vell is online now   Reply With Quote